The Student Room Group

Can I apply for Chemical Engineering?

Yesterday I got my results and I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but still relatively okay; I got A* in A2 maths and AAB in AS Chemistry, Biology and Physics. The B in Physics really surprised me as its meant to be my best and now I'm worried- does anyone know whether I'd still be able to get into like Oxford- if I did amazing in the PAT, Imperial, UCL, Nottingham or Leeds.
Oh for GCSEs I got 8A*s and 3As
And I'm thinking of dropping Biology and I'll be doing Further Maths A2 next year, though if it looks like my chances are low I'd probably take it as a sign and try medicine- urgh...
Reply 1
Original post by maoxine
Yesterday I got my results and I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but still relatively okay; I got A* in A2 maths and AAB in AS Chemistry, Biology and Physics. The B in Physics really surprised me as its meant to be my best and now I'm worried- does anyone know whether I'd still be able to get into like Oxford- if I did amazing in the PAT, Imperial, UCL, Nottingham or Leeds.
Oh for GCSEs I got 8A*s and 3As
And I'm thinking of dropping Biology and I'll be doing Further Maths A2 next year, though if it looks like my chances are low I'd probably take it as a sign and try medicine- urgh...

UCL, Nottingham and Leeds are not that selective for chemical engineering so you should get an offer based on your grades and assuming the rest of your application is decent, I didnt apply to (and dont know anybody else who applied to) imperial or oxford so dont know about them.
Reply 2
Original post by affleming
UCL, Nottingham and Leeds are not that selective for chemical engineering so you should get an offer based on your grades and assuming the rest of your application is decent, I didnt apply to (and dont know anybody else who applied to) imperial or oxford so dont know about them.

Thank you for the reassurance; I'll just wait for my predictions- if I get predicted an A in physics as well as an A* in chemistry I should be fine so thank you again :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by maoxine
Thank you for the reassurance; I'll just wait for my predictions- if I get predicted an A in physics as well as an A* in chemistry I should be fine so thank you again :biggrin:

Yes that should be fine I was only predicted AAA and got an offer from UCL and also your GCSEs are much better than mine. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
get into imperial, youll have little competition from oxbridge grads for engineering places, there would probs be like 10-30 max with first class degrees

Quick Reply

Latest