The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Criminology at University of Lincoln?

I'm going to study criminology at Lincoln starting 17th sept. Very excited about it! Be nice to hear from anyone else going because i'm the only person I know going :frown: so very scared about not making friends!
G xxx

Scroll to see replies

One of my best friends is the head rep for Criminology at Lincoln! She's also the president of the Criminology society. She says the course is run amazingly, and the tutors are really kind and responsive to you. I think you'll enjoy it! Don't worry about making friends; most people are in exactly the same position. Keep calm, and confident, and just try to talk to people. Don't be scared lovely, you'll be fine! :smile: Good luck for starting at Lincoln, it's a great uni and you'll really enjoy it!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I am doing Social Policy so we will be in the same lectures.... Hello :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey, i'm doing Criminology as well :smile: Can't wait! Where you staying?
Hi, i'm also studying criminology :smile:
Reply 5
It sounds good, thank you for letting me know about your friend and her experiences, heard so many uni horror stories i'm glad my course should be good! I haven't sorted my accommodation out quite yet- I just know i'm on Brayford campus :smile: Does anyone know what this '£250 deposit' is about though? I was never, ever told of it before! So now have to find £250 in a week. :|
I'm at Brayford Campus as well, I was a bit surprised about the £250 thing but fortunately I had enough in the bank to pay it, it's just a down payment to confirm that's where you want to stay. :smile:
Reply 7
So glad I won't be alone! Seen loads of people are going to the pav's but I prefer Brayford's location! Are you en suite or not? :smile:

Yeah i'm en-suite, no chance i'm sharing a bathroom with people! :P You?
Reply 9
Haha exactly the same! A couple of friends requested en suite and ended up with shared... couldn't imagine anything worse! hopefully we'll be near each other so we both sort of know someone!
Reply 10
Hi, I will also be studying criminology at the university of Lincoln..a bit nervous I must admit :/ x
Reply 11
Original post by Tigsey04
Hi, I will also be studying criminology at the university of Lincoln..a bit nervous I must admit :/ x

So am I! Haha, I'm the only person I know going to Lincoln and have only briefly done criminology in sociology, never as a single subject! :frown: where abouts are you living? X

Reply 12
Also, did we have a reading list? I don't have anything saying we did but just checking!

Reply 13
Ahh me too! Most of my friends are either going to different universities or applying for other specific courses at college. I live in Norwich how about you? I've done criminology as part of psychology but I'm in the same position as you, never done it as a single subject. I don't believe there were any set reading lists. There were however some on the criminology application. I have purchased one called 'Criminology a sociological introduction' by Eamonn Carrabine..it is extremely helpful xx
Reply 14
Same! And I'm from Wakefield, it's near Leeds in Yorkshire :smile: thank you so much for letting me know about the reading list, I was getting so worried! I'll definitely have to get that book though, I'm so excited! Thank you again! Xxx

Reply 15
That's ok :smile: are you going to be on the Brayford campus then? xx
Reply 16
Yes I am! Can't wait :smile: are you?

Reply 17
Yes me too! I am excited as well :biggrin: x
Reply 18
So am I! Have you seen out freshers week?! So amazing! Ahhh I'm so excited! Everyone I've spoken too seems lovely and so happy I've found other people also doing criminology! Do you know where abouts exactly you're living yet? I'm going to confirm tomorrow so should know then! :smile:)) xx

Reply 19
Yes I have, it looks really, really good, I'm glad I have finally spoken to someone doing Criminology and I am not sure yet, I'm most likely going to confirm it tomorrow as well xx

Quick Reply

Latest