The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

leniancy on kings offers

Hey i have got an offer from kings of BBB to study dietetics but am predicted ABC at level. ( pretty sure im not going to get a B in chem and am predicted C).
Does anyone know how easily they let people in if you don't quite meet your offers.
Or do you think it would be best to go for surrey as my firm, their offer is BBC.
Please help i don't know what to do
Reply 1
Jess123
Hey i have got an offer from kings of BBB to study dietetics but am predicted ABC at level. ( pretty sure im not going to get a B in chem and am predicted C).
Does anyone know how easily they let people in if you don't quite meet your offers.
Or do you think it would be best to go for surrey as my firm, their offer is BBC.
Please help i don't know what to do

Is the offer only BBB or is the offer worded in a way that they'd also accept ABC. If you are worried, try to call them up and ask if they'd accept you with ABC or if they can change your offer.

Btw the guy at the European Studies interview told us that they are very strict when it comes to letting people in who missed their offer. Don't know if this applies to your course as well.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
the offer is def BBB not ABC. dunno why they offered me a place cos they saw my predicted grades and they interviewed me aswell.

does anyone know which uni is best out of Kings or surrey
Reply 3
^ Kings obviously
Reply 4
Yep - King's, no competition
Jess123
the offer is def BBB not ABC. dunno why they offered me a place cos they saw my predicted grades and they interviewed me aswell.

does anyone know which uni is best out of Kings or surrey

Is that a serious question?!
Reply 6
The leniency at King's is dependent on a couple of factors: The department and number of applications being the main ones.
Just ring them up and ask.
Reply 8
Doesn't it tell you in the King's prospectus how many applicants per place they have for each course? If it's a lot, they're less likely to be lenient about offers, but if it's not a very popular course you might still have a chance. They were my insurance choice last year for Classics, BBB offer, I got ABCCD and they didn't let me in.
I got the right grades but in the wrong subjects, but they still let me in.
Reply 10
One of my friends needed BBB for English and French, got Bs in English and French but a C in History and they wouldn't take her. Why not put Kings as your firm, work hard and have Surrey as your insurance?

Latest