The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

History @ Kent

Hi Guys

Was wondering if anyone knew where i could find the start date of my course (V100 History BA Honours)?

Anything would be helpful! :smile:

p.s. Any other History students starting in Sept, let me know if you want to chat!, be good to get to know people now :smile:
Reply 1
I can't remember where I found this on the website, but it said that term started on the 24th of September. And I'm going to be doing history as well!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Term starts the 24th September but freshers week starts from 15th-16th September.
And I'm also doing History - have you had a look at the modules? :smile:
Yeah, your course starts on the 24th September. :smile: I'm going into my second year of my History course at Kent, so if you've got any questions, feel free to ask. :smile:
Reply 4
Hiya I have a question about the reading lists....will we get given a list of books we are expected to get or will our lecturer just say oh you need to get this...also how many books for history are we talking as I am trying to work out how expensive they will be! Thanks!
Original post by emiilyruth
Hiya I have a question about the reading lists....will we get given a list of books we are expected to get or will our lecturer just say oh you need to get this...also how many books for history are we talking as I am trying to work out how expensive they will be! Thanks!

The lecturers/seminar leaders will tell you which books (if any) you need to get, but most of the reading for most modules will be on Moodle for you to print off. You shouldn't need to get that much. :smile: I've got quite a few books, but that's partially because I want to build up my own little library of history books. :tongue:
Reply 6
Oh thats good news then..was expecting a long list!! Also a question about module registration...does it open at midnight on the 28th of august or like 9am? Do you know how quickly history modules fill up as I am out all day and dont want to miss out on the modules I want!!
Also something else about reading lists. I'm also a History student and going into my second year at Kent and I noticed that over the past year I bought a few books I didn't really need. Once you have been taught how to use the library effectively (typically, the first week of term), check the amount of available copies they have of a certain book you might need, especially any general overview type books for your modules. Some books are essential purchases if they are constantly out of the library but its worth having a look to try and save yourself some money!
Reply 8
I don't suppose any of you have the History: An Introduction to theory method and practice textbook that they are willing to sell...It says this is a necessity, did you buy it or just borrow from the library?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending