The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

someone else out there must be in Oak House BE.G.45?? Looked on all the forums and Facebook pages and still only found the one other person! Also, anyone taking Economics (BEconSc)?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1981
is anyone staying in Chandos Hall?
Original post by nathancoy
someone else out there must be in Oak House BE.G.45?? Looked on all the forums and Facebook pages and still only found the one other person! Also, anyone taking Economics (BEconSc)?

Don't forget that because of the layout (maisonettes) of oak house, people who are in BE.1.45 are in your flat too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey :smile: I'm in AC.01.02.009, anyone close or any flat mates? Found two on the whitworth park Facebook page, anymore hiding on here? :smile: x
Reply 1984
Original post by sillehcaptcha
I'm on the ground floor, flat 2!

aw mayn, i know about 4 people in that flat! not met anyone in flat one :frown: but yeah we're neighbours :wink: ground floor, flat one woooo when are you moving in?
Reply 1985
what dates are people moving in?? are the majority of people moving in on the 12th?
Hey guys, is it best to buy the bus pass online or when I get to uni? Is it possible to purchase it on campus? Thanks guys
Original post by 16dan2life
Hey guys, is it best to buy the bus pass online or when I get to uni? Is it possible to purchase it on campus? Thanks guys

You can purchase it on campus, but it's about £15 cheaper to buy it online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets

Posted from TSR Mobile

could someone tell me how many rooms are in a flat? I've heard of people being in(e.g.) room 25, which doesn't make much sense to me.:confused::confused::confused:
Reply 1990
Original post by Origami Bullets

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this Stagecoach bus pass you guys are talking about? Would that be the best one to get?
Original post by danielat998
could someone tell me how many rooms are in a flat? I've heard of people being in(e.g.) room 25, which doesn't make much sense to me.:confused::confused::confused:

It depends in which halls you're in, but it's usually about 8 per flat if you're self catered, or 15 per corridor if you're catered.

Original post by Alay
Is this Stagecoach bus pass you guys are talking about? Would that be the best one to get?

It's the Stagecoach Unirider one, which is the best one to get because it's most frequent between halls and uni, and offers the most coverage over Greater Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1992
slightly weird question and a bit of a long shot but does anyone know/can guess the height of the space under the beds in oak house so I can buy some boxes for extra under bed storage???alsoooo what size is the bed? normal single?
Original post by Moura
slightly weird question and a bit of a long shot but does anyone know/can guess the height of the space under the beds in oak house so I can buy some boxes for extra under bed storage???alsoooo what size is the bed? normal single?

They're normal single beds.

I'm not sure of the precise height of the beds (though I'd guess about a foot) but if you look at the first page of this thread you'll see lots of pictures of oak house, so you should be able to guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I'm living in Whitworth Park and I was just wondering, as weird as this may seem, do we have to bring our own oven trays etc to cook..? And stuff to use the grill..

Thanks
Reply 1995
Hey guys

anyone in block E Victoria halls UBS, haven't seen anyone in my block as of yet :smile:
Original post by EffKayy
Hi

I'm living in Whitworth Park and I was just wondering, as weird as this may seem, do we have to bring our own oven trays etc to cook..? And stuff to use the grill..

Thanks

Pretty sure the only things they give us are a kettle and microwave aside the fridge/freezer/cooker. Maybe a toaster if we are lucky?
Original post by EffKayy
Hi

Thanks

If it's anything like oak house then there will be wire racks in the oven, and a grill pan (the things that normally come with an oven anyway and fit into the oven quite specifically. No oven trays though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1998
Original post by Basil Brush
Hey, I'm in the same situation, and it's also much too expensive for me. Did you manage to swap?

Yes, I did. But only because I managed to find someone myself to swap with. When I asked accommodation office if I could move I was given the generic wait till Mid Oct and request transfer blah blah. You could go on the freshers page on Facebook and ask if anyone wants the halls you've got and are willing to swap. Worth a try, you never know!
Seems like my WP FAQ now might be slightly out of date as they've changed the blocks round, I don't have the time to find out anymore and am away from Manchester on my year abroad now so it will be hard to see what's going on over there. If anyone has any new info to add in a few months time, I imagine OB will appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending