The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

I placed my two choices but i cant decided my last once.
I want social,still be able to do work, clean and hygienic and nice environment.

these are options:
Canterbury; groves-nor place,oak house;wright robinson

maybe a reason why?thankyou
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Anybody got offers for sheavyn or Richmond park?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are all the offers for Oak House sent out at the same time? If so, looks like I missed out on it :frown:

Also, will we be contacted via e-mail when we receive an offer or do we need to keep checking some page?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kushwoho44
Are all the offers for Oak House sent out at the same time?

Also, will we be contacted via e-mail when we receive an offer or do we need to keep checking some page?

Offers are given out depending on when you get your results, so if you have an unconditional now and have applied for accommodation already you should be receiving your offer within the next few weeks, if you're waiting on results it'll be given out after, usually towards the end of august/beginning of september. It usually takes a few weeks for everyone to get offers, don't know the specific criteria for it being dished out though, it could be by halls but may just be alphabetically or dependent on when you applied ( I know accommodation is apparently given on a first come first serve basis, but don't know if that applied for the actual offer date)
Are all the offers for Oak House sent out at the same time? If so, looks like I missed out on it :frown:

I think (hope) they do it based on when you applied for accommodation. Don't quote me though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by t.foley94
I think (hope) they do it based on when you applied for accommodation. Don't quote me though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drats, I applied in April because that's when I found out I was accepted on exchange :frown:

Oh well.

EDIT:
Hey guys, if anyone wants to be friends, shoot me a pm, I'm arriving in September (from Melbourne, Australia) and I'm not scared but a little anxious that I will be in a city where I literally don't know a single person.

I like the following:
-Literature/Reading
-Travel
-Football
-Science
-Going out
-Chess
-Movies/Music

I don't use facebook but would be happy to send you a pic of myself if we have similar interests and you're in the same boat as I am.

I applied to Oak House/Owens Park.
(edited 10 years ago)

a) I doubt they all go out at the same time
b) email
Original post by Origami Bullets
a) I doubt they all go out at the same time
b) email

Origami, I don't know how often you get told this, but you make life a lot easier for many people (I'm one of them) and it's greatly appreciated.
Origami, I don't know how often you get told this, but you make life a lot easier for many people (I'm one of them) and it's greatly appreciated.

It's always nice for someone to say it :h:
I'm feeling a little nervous at the moment, because everyone seems to be getting offers on the freshers facebook group and I have an unconditional offer but no accommodation, I'm a little worried that there's been a mistake/gmail has rejected their e-mail because my mail client is run by my university and it does filter out some e-mails from what I understand.

So, is there anyway else I can check whether or not I have an offer because from what I understand, it expires quite quickly (within the week)?
Reply 1190
I'm feeling a little nervous at the moment, because everyone seems to be getting offers on the freshers facebook group and I have an unconditional offer but no accommodation, I'm a little worried that there's been a mistake/gmail has rejected their e-mail because my mail client is run by my university and it does filter out some e-mails from what I understand.

So, is there anyway else I can check whether or not I have an offer because from what I understand, it expires quite quickly (within the week)?

some people have got offers, not everyone. people who have unconditionals and no accom. confirmation yet aren't really going to be rushing in their masses to post about their lack of offer on the fb page, it's pointless. i still haven't got mine. i'm impatient, but not worried. check your junk and if you really are concerned ring the university, but otherwise be patient.
My offer just came through, sheavyn house :biggrin:
I applied in mid March!
Can anyone tell me what building the O at the start of my offer means? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1192
just got mine :smile:
Out of curiosity, when did you apply for accommodation?
Reply 1194
sweet got my first choice at richmond park. I just hope my room isnt on the bottom floor. (it feels weird for me)
In Victoria Hall. It seems nice!
Reply 1196
I'm an italian postgrad student, I applied for accommodation in late april. From what I know, I don't have a guaranteed place, is that right?
Do you think that's better for me to look for a private accommodation or wait until June/July and hope to get a place anyway?
just wondering what the best halls would be? i'm coming from NI and havent much of a clue which to choose! want ones that are good craic with sociable people.. nothing boring!! also do you only apply for halls if it's your Firm choice on UCAS?
just wondering what the best halls would be? i'm coming from Northern Ireland and havent much of a clue which to choose! want ones that are good craic with sociable people.. nothing boring!! also do you only apply for halls if it's your Firm choice on UCAS?
Original post by AnnaMoloney
just wondering what the best halls would be? i'm coming from Northern Ireland and havent much of a clue which to choose! want ones that are good craic with sociable people.. nothing boring!! also do you only apply for halls if it's your Firm choice on UCAS?

a) read the first page of this thread
b) No. So long as you apply by 31st August then you are guaranteed a place regardless of whether you come as a firm, insurance or clearing applicant. However, the sooner you get your application in the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending