Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by CharlotteMcw
Just received my room offer:

[redacted]

Can anyone translate this? And is anyone going to be living near me
:biggrin:

Theres actually two that i know of, take your pick.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/485453321521241?ref=bookmark&__user=100000363782504

And

https://m.facebook.com/groups/611381555542058?ref=bookmark&__user=100000363782504

Hope you find some flat mates! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Just received my room offer
Can anyone translate this? And is anyone going to be living near me
:biggrin:

Hi ! It's not very safe to post your room number on here, maybe you should remove it :smile:

Not sure but I think you're not supposed to post Facebook links on here ..

Origami Bullets?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bambirina
Hi ! It's not very safe to post your room number on here, maybe you should remove it :smile:

Origami Bullets?

The room number translation is correct, assuming you're in Oak House. MA = Maple Court

Linking to facebook groups in context is fine, but blatant advertising isn't; this is fine :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
The room number translation is correct, assuming you're in Oak House. MA = Maple Court

Linking to facebook groups in context is fine, but blatant advertising isn't; this is fine :smile:

Oh okay, my bad ! Thank you :smile:
Reply 1384
So people who live in City campus.
Where do you guys eat every day?! xD
There isn't a single catered hall in city campus. strange..
Original post by Zambrino
So people who live in City campus.
Where do you guys eat every day?! xD
There isn't a single catered hall in city campus. strange..

cook for oursleves in the kitchens, or grab something at the take aways nearby if I can't be bothered
Original post by Mawrawr
MA will be the building (dont know, maybe someone else can shed some light on which) 3 is the floor you're on , flat 18 and room number 127.

This is basically your new address by the way, so you might want to delete your post. Its just like posting your current address on a public forum, as anyone has access to this info.

Instead, you could lool for fellow roommates on the private facebook page if you wish. Ill link you in a second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou very much, I have deleted my post just didnt understand it my bad :tongue:
Original post by Bambirina

Origami Bullets?

I have deleted my original post but it is still showing in the quotes of the replies. Do you know how to stop this? thanks :colondollar:
I have deleted my original post but it is still showing in the quotes of the replies. Do you know how to stop this? thanks :colondollar:

I edited my post. :smile:

I'll edit them when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1390
Original post by tillytots
cook for oursleves in the kitchens, or grab something at the take aways nearby if I can't be bothered

So there isn't a place to eat regularly? =(
I thought there would be something like a university restaurant where students can eat. There isn't a single catered hall in city campus, that's annoying =(
I thought there would be something like a university restaurant where students can eat. There isn't a single catered hall in city campus, that's annoying =(

It's cheaper to cook, and there are some really easy and quick recipes .. it's not so bad :smile:

There is a canteen in University Place, but it's only open for lunch (and breakfast too, I believe) on weekdays in term time.

Time to learn to cook, me thinks!

There are cafes and restaurants in the university campus and libraries. There aren't any catered halls in city though. You are close to alot of resturants and cafes (the oxford,costa,subway,domino's,mcdonalds, countless kebabs and indians...) but these probably aren't what you're looking for!

It honestly is so much cheaper to cook,seriously!
Original post by Origami Bullets
I'll edit them when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Just had my accommodation offer from Manchester university at Opal Gardens and was wondering if it's good? I am 21 but want to enjoy the student lifestyle like anyone else, so don't want to be bored or with boring people! haha
For several reasons, I'm switching University next year. I've been offered a room in Canterbury Court which I now obviously can't take and would be very happy to give to someone else. PM me if you're interested!
Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes to receive an accommodation offer after results day (15th august)? Thank you
Original post by Lhunter03
Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes to receive an accommodation offer after results day (15th august)? Thank you
<br />
<br />

Should come within a few days to a week

Original post by JuliusDS92
For several reasons, I'm switching University next year. I've been offered a room in Canterbury Court which I now obviously can't take and would be very happy to give to someone else. PM me if you're interested!
<br />
<br />
The accommodation office will reallocate it for you as you're effectively dropping out of Manchester
Reply 1399
I read somewhere that even if you live in an uncatered hall you can still purchase 'meal packs' and eat at the catered halls.

But I can't find the price of these packs. Do you guys know how much they cost?

I know catered halls offer breakfast and dinner from monday to friday and also breakfast and/or dinner on saturday-sunday. So what would be the price to eat there for 1 week for example or on daily basis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending