The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by nombean
Hey guys! im slightly worried about ashburne because i got there and apparently its mostly girls and quite quiet??
I'm really not quiet!! And i tend to get on better with guys anyway?

Ashburne is around 75% girls and is one of the most hotly contest halls so count yourself lucky. The building and grounds are very stylish too.

I lived on Owens Park for a year so let me tell you, quiet isn't all that bad.
(edited 10 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I've just gotten an offer for Oak House, yes my first choice! I'm just waiting to get the pre payment money!
Original post by tsundre1
I went on the open house tour thing earlier this year, and one of the girls who talked us round said that we didn't need to pay for the internet anymore. Here's the excerpt from the Victoria Hall (UBS) website about it: "A 10Mb broadband connection including a TV add on is provided to every room at Victoria Hall free of charge. If you want more, you can chose to upgrade to a 25Mb or even a 50Mb connection if you wish."

From http://manchester-ubs.victoriahall.com/f-a-q/

Yeah I emailed the accommodation team and they said internet packages are included in the rent of every halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in Oak house, Beech court, flat 42?
What's Oak House like, anyone?
It was my third choice so I obviously looked at it, but didn't really expect to be put there (which was stupid, I know!)
Reply 1585
Original post by Elliewebb
Me neither! Glad you all say it's nice though :smile: weird question, but do you remember if it had a table and chairs in the kitchen? Or is it a bar stool type of set up? I'm just trying to picture it all haha

I think it was a bit of both honestly, but of course there is bound to be variation throughout the hall and I only saw one bit of it :smile:
Original post by awkwardusername
It was my third choice so I obviously looked at it, but didn't really expect to be put there (which was stupid, I know!)

Well it's the cheapest so don't expect anything too nice. There's loads of good info at the start of the thread and loads of pictures and videos to be found online. I hear it's got great social life so hopefully I'll see you out there
Reply 1587
Really wanted Fallowfield got victoria park opal gardens anyone want to swap ?
Reply 1588
I've just got opal gardens as well and the pictures look ok I wanted fallowfield but I guess its what you make of it
Original post by charlesgovan
Well it's the cheapest so don't expect anything too nice. There's loads of good info at the start of the thread and loads of pictures and videos to be found online. I hear it's got great social life so hopefully I'll see you out there

Let me know if you get put there, thanks! :smile:
Anyone else in grosvenor street building?
(edited 10 years ago)
Let me know if you get put there, thanks! :smile:

Yeah, I'm heading there. Paid the prepayment today! Buzzin :biggrin:
Original post by charlesgovan
Yeah, I'm heading there. Paid the prepayment today! Buzzin :biggrin:

Success! Which flat etc? :smile:
Success! Which flat etc? :smile:

Room number. CH.2.34.252. And yourself?
Wondering if anyone has been put in grosvenor street halls?
Reply 1595
Does anyone know if I would be able to move in quite late on the friday? My mum doesnt finish work until 5ish, so would it be too late to pick up my keys and everything around 6? Do people do that?
Original post by paulablurton
I'm sure somebody has already asked this but I can't find the messages scrolling through, Is there an iron and ironing board in the flats at Richmond Park ? :smile:

Yes, they are

Have you read the first page of this thread? Also, there's a rather nifty little 'search thread' tool that can be quite useful :wink:

Read the first page of this thread :yes:

Original post by Mawrawr
Does anyone know if I would be able to move in quite late on the friday? My mum doesnt finish work until 5ish, so would it be too late to pick up my keys and everything around 6? Do people do that?

I'm not sure what time key collection stays open until (it should say somewhere in the bumf) but don't forget you can also move in on the Saturday or Sunday if that's more convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Origami Bullets
Yes, they are

Have you read the first page of this thread? Also, there's a rather nifty little 'search thread' tool that can be quite useful :wink:

Thanks :smile: and oooooh yeah, never noticed that before XD haha thanks again :smile:
Reply 1598
Original post by Elliewebb
Me neither! Glad you all say it's nice though :smile: weird question, but do you remember if it had a table and chairs in the kitchen? Or is it a bar stool type of set up? I'm just trying to picture it all haha

I think there was a kitchen with a separate area for table and chairs just outside of it. I've only found 2 people so far but I'm convinced I'm in a single sex flat...
Your Room Number is: M8.G.05
Your Hall is: Owens Park

I have no idea what this mean anyone tell me please ? but i guess G = ground floor ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending