The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting for my accommodation email only 5 days left I must be one of the last too get it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by GeorgeHead
Still waiting for my accommodation email only 5 days left I must be one of the last too get it.

Do you mean to say that you have already applied, but you are still waiting for your allocation? If so, have you checked your spam folder? If you mean that you haven't applied yet then do it now (details are on the first page of this thread)

Don't forget it's a bank holiday weekend so no one will have been in in the last three days

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same don't worry! Began to think I'm one of the last in the world. Did you apply through clearing may I ask?
Looking for flat mates or anyone close to me, and can't seem to find anyone on facebook so thought i'd try a thread here to see if i get any more luck..seems like i'm on my own :frown:

Anyone in block F?
Yeah I got my offer in clearing and then applied for the accommodation pretty soon after I've checked all my spam mail so I'm guessing It's just because I went through clearing fingers crossed I get a place in Fallowfields.
Yeah I got my offer in clearing and then applied for the accommodation pretty soon after I've checked all my spam mail so I'm guessing It's just because I went through clearing fingers crossed I get a place in Fallowfields.

Patience is the key here :yes:

You'll be towards the bottom of the queue as someone who applied quite late, but Owens Park is traditionally amongst the least applied for halls, so if you put OP down then there's a good chance you'll get that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for Whitworth Park, anyone else staying there? :smile:
Anyone in Victoria Halls? Still looking for flat mates or anyone close..beginning to wonder if I'm by myself.. I'm in F.04.11.03.. Anyone close??
Original post by lubus
Was sheavyn the one next to ashburne? Anyway, I spent a year in Owens park and and I can tell you that whilst it is very sociable, there are still people there who rarely leave their rooms just like there are complete party animal ballers in whitworth. Your social life is what you make of it, if you're looking for people to hang out with you'll find them anywhere, although its true it might be a tad easier in fallow field. If sheavyn is the one I think it is, it's prolly one of the best choices in fallow field as the building is new, not like op where everything was falling apart. Have fun during the coming year :smile:

-lubus

Hi I was wondering whether you have any photos of owens park I cant seem to find many. How did you find living there and are the rooms really small?

I also got my place through clearing and Im still waiting, they probably work in Firm, Insurance, Clearing order so we will unfortunately be last! You're guaranteed accommodation so there is nothing to worry about! You will live somewhere!:smile:
Reply 1790
Original post by sociology_sarah
Anyone in Victoria Halls? Still looking for flat mates or anyone close..beginning to wonder if I'm by myself.. I'm in F.04.11.03.. Anyone close??

I'm in block H on the ground floor.
Hi!
I can't make my prepayment for accommodation at the University of Manchester.
I've been trying to do it online with three different card types from different banks.
They're all non-UK as I'm not English, could that be the reason?
Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks!!!
Original post by Zhivka Ivanova
Hi!
I can't make my prepayment for accommodation at the University of Manchester.
I've been trying to do it online with three different card types from different banks.
They're all non-UK as I'm not English, could that be the reason?
Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks!!!

Phone the accommodation office, bearing in mind the time difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any males want to swap accommodation with me? Spoke to the accommodation office and they do allow it sometimes if both students are the same gender, same type of student (undergraduate) and have a licence agreement for the same time (a year). I have been given Wright Robinson in the city campus and want to swap to Oak House if anyone wants to? Message me. :smile:
Original post by tash1995
Hello, I will be in Opal Gardens too :biggrin:

Out of interest, what are you guys studying? I'm doing Linguistics :smile:

I'm studying International Management :smile:
Original post by Origami Bullets
Phone the accommodation office, bearing in mind the time difference

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Do you know what BF.01.11 means for Hulme Hall? I've just accepted my offer.
Reply 1796
Original post by kachu
I'm in block H on the ground floor.

How do you know which floor you're on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Original post by ZazDogg
How do you know which floor you're on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577 look in the receiving your accommodation offer section in the first post.
It's been bit of a nightmare trying to find people in the same halls, let alone in the same block or flat! I'm in block D, so two blocks away from you which isn't too far away.. What are you going to study? (I'm guessing sociology from your username!)
Reply 1799

What course are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending