The Student Room Group

Investment banking salaries INCREASE by 5 percent to £50k!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
wow, do some of you guys have nothing better to do than essentially argue about your ego's over the internet?
Reply 61
Original post by Arva
Why does your profile information say you're on an "involuntary gap year" then, out of interest? :holmes:

That was 2006-2007.
Reply 62
Original post by stefl14
They'll be fine with it because I don't normally take such viewpoints.

Just as I thought. Arguing for arguments sake.
Reply 63
Original post by Axion
Repped for the lols.

You should have waited for my reply.
Reply 64
Original post by tkane
You should have waited for my reply.

In essence, don't slag off IB when you know nothing about it.

Capiche.
Reply 65
Original post by Axion
In essence, don't slag off IB when you know nothing about it.

Capiche.

Don't argue with me when you're incapable of it.

Edit: that was a little harsh. But Axion and the other one who's been replying to me have such hollow arguments it's just a joke debating with them. Yesterday's 5 page thread was good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tkane
Warwick Economics 2007-2010, UCL Law 2012-2015

I can assure you I'm not dumb.

PM what you do as a business, if you don't want to post it in this thread. I'm very intrigued...
Reply 67
Original post by LookIt'sPete
PM what you do as a business, if you don't want to post it in this thread. I'm very intrigued...

Why would I do that. There are only 30-50 serious players in a £1 billion industry.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by tkane
Don't argue with me when you're incapable of it.

Edit: that was a little harsh. But Axion and the other one who's been replying to me have such hollow arguments it's just a joke debating with them. Yesterday's 5 page thread was good.

:confused: With respect you haven't actually put any arguments forward, just saying "the bankers are scum, they're to blame" etc.
Reply 69
Original post by tkane
Why would I do that. There are only 30-50 serious players in a £1 billion industry.

Oh yeah, did I tell you I'm C.E.O and founder of an enormous business, in a £10 bn industry split between just 4 players?

Of course, I'm not going to tell you what it is, so you'll have to take my word for it. :teehee:
Reply 70
Original post by Arva
:confused: With respect you haven't actually put any arguments forward, just saying "the bankers are scum, they're to blame" etc.

I can't repeat arguments all the time. Some are stil on the IB forum, most have been deleted by the TSR police.

I am strongly anti bankers but I am not your average hippy protestor who thinks they're scum without reason.

I can spend all day arguing why bankers are the scum of the earth.
Reply 71
Original post by Arva
Oh yeah, did I tell you I'm C.E.O and founder of an enormous business, in a £10 bn industry split between just 4 players?

Of course, I'm not going to tell you what it is, so you'll have to take my word for it. :teehee:

Yeh. You don't have to believe me. There is no way I would devulge my personal info.
Reply 72
Original post by tkane

So, assuming you are ab average Joe in this industry and there are 40 players, you value your business at 25m at 24 years old? Okay.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by tkane
I can't repeat arguments all the time. Some are stil on the IB forum, most have been deleted by the TSR police.

I am strongly anti bankers but I am not your average hippy protestor who thinks they're scum without reason.

I can spend all day arguing why bankers are the scum of the earth.

But if you're not willing to put any arguments forward yourself it seems a bit weird to just sit here insulting other people for not arguing well, despite the fact they're actually putting the odd point forward. :confused:

I'd actually be really interested to hear a logical, economically sound argument for getting rid of bankers - would you mind revealing some of it?
Reply 74
Original post by stefl14
So, assuming you are ab average Joe in this industry and there are 40 players, you value your business at 25m? Okay.

No, there are thousands of tiny players.
Reply 75
Original post by tkane
No, there are thousands of tiny players.

At the end of the day answer these questions:

1. have you ever been an investment banker
2. What is wrong with investment bankers (aside pay)
3. What would the world be like without investment bankers.

Thenw e can enter a sensible discussion.
Reply 76
Original post by Arva
But if you're not willing to put any arguments forward yourself it seems a bit weird to just sit here insulting other people for not arguing well, despite the fact they're actually putting the odd point forward. :confused:

I'd actually be really interested to hear a logical, economically sound argument for getting rid of bankers - would you mind revealing some of it?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2022633
Original post by tkane
Yeh. You don't have to believe me. There is no way I would devulge my personal info.

No offence but it's divulge. I didn't correct you the first time because I thought it could be a mistake but the second time I thought it was necessary.
Reply 78
Original post by Melikeyflute
No offence but it's divulge. I didn't correct you the first time because I thought it could be a mistake but the second time I thought it was necessary.

Thank you so much.
Original post by tkane
Thank you so much.

got your back bro.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending