The Student Room Group

If your life was condensed into a book, would you read it or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
lifebook.jpeg

How? The content of that book would have to be inside the content of that book which is physically and logically impossible. Most of the pages would be something like:

"Juichiro opened the book:
and so ad infinitum.
Original post by Juichiro
How? The content of that book would have to be inside the content of that book which is physically and logically impossible. Most of the pages would be something like:

and so ad infinitum.

I don't understand you, this concept of the question is based around if your life ended now, how would you view your life. Is it good enough to read about or not. And if not, why not, and why not live a life worthy of being wrote about.
No, I would not read my own life in a book, because it's too boring to read. It's enough to live it.
Yes, but I'd definitely skip a few chapters...
Original post by Pensivedore
No.

My life would be the kind of book you'd pick up, start reading the first page, and then fall asleep after a couple of sentences.

Or a 'choose your own adventure' book. But I guess that would defeat the whole point of this question.

This actually for me.
No because i'd be too busy making the last chapters the best of the fu**ing lot!
Mine is dull and frivolous. Which makes it sad. Still, I'd read it because I'm incurably vain.
I have a diary, and i love to read it back! So yeah i probs would :h:
Reply 28
yes, to relive memories.
It would read like bad fiction.
If the image was taken literally, then no: at a page per day boring days would be overly dragged out and the exciting ones far too rushed. If it was someone writing it as any other book is written, it could be quite interesting to read back all the highlights :smile:
Hmm, thinking about it, I'd probably be interested in bits of it, but other parts would no doubt be incredibly dull. :tongue:
Reply 32
Original post by alexlduffy
Make it a pop-up picture book and you've got a deal.

I laughed so so hard at this.

Is the book pre-written? (I.E until the day you die?) If it is, I wouldn't want to ruin what's ahead of me. :smile:
Reply 33
It would be the no. 1 bestseller!(according to me)
lol mine would be like those terrible teenage books like Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.

"oMg i cant beLIEVE sHE WOULD SAY THAT!!!"
"omgg i am so uGLY and will NEVA BE LUVED :'("
"omdays he iz so hot do u fink he fancies me???"

Repeat for half book. I am only 16, I don't get that much excitement in my life.
My school days would make for a good laugh. After that the genre would be all mixed up into a sort of banned psychological thriller comedy. Would probably be quite entertaining tho.

Thinking about it it would be quite good. It'd be better as a film tho because half of it would be based in my internal landscape which would be quite well represented by a rocky island with an underground cave system. Would be better put across in visuals. So i'd start it at age 20 and then tell the rest through memory but it would be interesting because it would show the way that as your understanding changes your understanding of past events also changes. You thought at the time something happened it happened for one reason but a new understanding can change the way you see it so it affects your past as much as your future and present.

Exploration into the caves would represent my subconscious and truth of human nature but also the truth of things in general. The flora on the island would change during my adventure as the comfort of lies was torn away. Pretty flowers would grow thorns or perhaps become carnivorous reflecting the natural truths underlying what appeared at first to be a beautiful eden.

Like a sort of Darwinian Imprint with the most brilliant comic twist where it turns out that all the "truths" in the caves were the devils work and I descend until finally falling into the eternal fires of hell and burning on screen for 15 minutes in order to clear the cinema and bring in the publicity. Since hell doesn't conform to physical rules my eyes could explode and reappear over and over so the poster could say "Most exploding eyeballs ever in film. Based on true story!"
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm thinking about starting to write a diary like this and continue for the rest of my life. I'd only really like to read it at the end of my life, if possible, though.
I've often joked about writing about about the things that happen in my life (not me, just the things) because it is so full of drama, it beats Eastenders :rolleyes:. But it'd be pretty long and depressing. If someone else wrote a book about my life I'd have to pay for counselling :facepalm:
Definitely. It really depends on the writer and their skills though, cos if the writer had written the book badly, it'd just make my life seem to be a whole drab.

As long as the author isn't E.L.James then they can go ahead.
Reply 39
Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom
lifebook.jpeg

Definitely not, my life is boring. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending