The Student Room Group

Manchester university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hippokrates
I did explain the Manchester access programme. They both are similar in that they look at you personal statement the most so you want lots of work experience, volunteering and ECs. Where else are you applying?

Oh my bad then :P

I see, how about in terms of my chances? Where would be best considering my ukcat score?

So far my thinking was :
manchester---> sheffield/leeds now due to ukcat
imperial
UCL
cambridge
and then durham for finance and accounting (lets me have a second personal statement :biggrin: )
Original post by kinglynx

I see, how about in terms of my chances? Where would be best considering my ukcat score?

So far my thinking was :
imperial
UCL
cambridge
and then durham for finance and accounting (lets me have a second personal statement :biggrin: )/QUOTE]

You should reconsider applying to three bmat unis.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
[QUOTE="Hippokrates;39466298"]

So far my thinking was :
imperial
UCL
cambridge
and then durham for finance and accounting (lets me have a second personal statement :biggrin: )/QUOTE]

You should reconsider applying to three bmat unis.

And why is that?
Also between leeds/sheffield/nottingham, which do you think would be best to apply to with my ukcat scores?
[QUOTE="kinglynx;39466791"]
Original post by Hippokrates

And why is that?
Also between leeds/sheffield/nottingham, which do you think would be best to apply to with my ukcat scores?

Leeds of Sheffield since their cut offs are 625 and 600 whereas Nottingham use it to give you points on your application so you'd be at a disadvantage. Basically the bmat is like no exam you've ever sat before so you never know if you'll do well on it and even if you're good at it you could have a bad day and then 3 of your choices will be gone. You sit it after you've applied so it's a risk to even apply to one, applying to 3 is bordering on insanity. :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
[QUOTE="Hippokrates;39469661"]

Leeds of Sheffield since their cut offs are 625 and 600 whereas Nottingham use it to give you points on your application so you'd be at a disadvantage. Basically the bmat is like no exam you've ever sat before so you never know if you'll do well on it and even if you're good at it you could have a bad day and then 3 of your choices will be gone. You sit it after you've applied so it's a risk to even apply to one, applying to 3 is bordering on insanity. :P

Oooo, so my best chances are with Leeds/Sheffield rather than Nottingham?

Oh i see, well i guess 2 is an alright number then?
imperial/ucl and cambridge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending