The Student Room Group

complete btec failure 120 ucas points

So ive basically wasted two years of my life messin around in class not being bothered and ive got a ppp to show for it. ive learnt my lesson and have firmly decided to go to university next year and work really hard to do it. ive enrolled on another btec course sporta and excersice science and pretty much need 180 ucas points from this. Im gonna aim for DD and hope to go to Roehampton or Birbeck. Should I acknowledge my failure in my personal statement and explain what ive learnt from it or should i just hope that by getting a DD this year I can counteract this? please no you shoulda worked harder comments ive beat myself up enough about it :smile:
There's no way of counteracting anything when UCAS and university is concerned. You need to declare all your qualifications and gaps years on the application, how you approach your personal statement is dependent on the course you wish to study.

My advice is try hard at achieving the best possible grades for university, and on top of that gain some experience relevant to the course you wish to pursue.

Good luck, try hard and succeed:smile:
Reply 2
thanks, i will do this year :smile: ill defo declare it lol. its still 120 Ucas points!! ill mention that i picked the wrong course and found it difficult to get motivated then i got back on my feet and went for the course i want to do at degree level etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending