The Student Room Group

What's your favorite show that got cancelled?

Scroll to see replies

Edit: quoted the wrong person :s-smilie:, but My wife and kids.

Michael: son its in your genes, your dna.
Jr: I dont wear dna's, i wear dkny.
Best sitcom scene ever :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
(edited 11 years ago)
Heroes
Legend of the Seeker
The Event
Spooks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Ugly Betty 😢

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 183
The Secret Circle
Dark Angel
Hellcats (I just enjoyed the dancing, hate that it ended on a cliff hanger too!)

I am also hoping that Army Wives doesn't get cancelled, its amazing!
Original post by nmusuyu1
Ugly Betty 😢

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I loved Ugly Betty too! It's a shame, cos all the stories in the last season seemed a litte bit rushed, like the stories should have been stretched over more episodes
Farscape! I love that show :frown:
Flashforward
V (The remake series)
Two of a Kind- A show the olsen twins were in from 1998-1999 but the two adult characters stole the show. The dad was an uptight science professor and he hires one of his students to be the kids babysitters and shes the exact opposite outgoing free spirited. I think a lot of people dismissed it because the twins aren't good actors and thinking it was just a kids show, but there were a lot of adult jokes and it was a lot funnier than some sitcoms on now. Ends on a cliffhanger, cancelled after only 22 episodes. check it out on youtube.

Ugly Betty- 4 seasons, 1 of those shortened doesn't seem long enough.

the OC. ditto as above however the finale was great one of the best endings to a show i've seen. Gossip Girl is a pale replacement.

Joan of Arcadia- Ends on such a cliffhanger too. I've heard the reason for cancellation was because not the right age group of people were watching the adverts or something.

Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction- Really great show and premise. You were shown 5 stories and had to guess which were false and which were based on true stories. Some were actually pretty scary but rewatching them now they don't seem to be. Ran for 4 seasons but only 45 episodes on a channel called cbs reality in UK. Check it out on youtube

Mostly true stories: Urban Legends: Similar to BBFoF but these stories were urban legends and afterwards you were given an explanation into how it originated and they were researched to check their credibility. The acting was pretty bad in this one though and the stories were often more on the funny side and less scary. used to be shown on a channel called men & motors

8 Simple Rules- Ran for 3 seasons. This one isnt really anyone's fault as the principal actor John Ritter died. They went on without him for another couple seasons but just wasn't the same.

Gilmore Girls- My favourite show of all time. I've been a fan since 2005 and watched it go through it's many channels in the Uk; Nickeloden, Hallmark Channel, e4 and now 5*. I got the Australian release of the dvds due to the lack of uk release. Anyway the original series creators left at the end of s6 leaving a train wreck. New writers for season 7 meant a lackluster final season. There is talk of a movie but I doubt it will ever happen as i think most of the cast would only do it if the old writers came back and the original series creators haven't even watched s7 and would have to pick up from where it left off.

Project Runway- this is not cancelled but sky stopped showing it in the Uk a few years back and every week it takes me a while to find a link. plus ive never met any other uk fans

Then there are shows that I was a fan of but because the last season or so was not as good quality I wouldn't have wanted another season unless it was like the earlier seasons
Friends
Scrubs
Desperate Housewives
Will & grace
malcolm in the middle (on the fence about this one as I haven't seen the last season for a while)

this was extremely long so I doubt anyone will read it all but it was fun to type out anyway
(edited 11 years ago)
rome_wide.jpg

HBO's Rome, way better than spartacus, although it cost $100 Million for only 2 series, but hey if only they spoke latin it woulda been like you where in ancient rome itself
Beaver Falls - they've cancelled season 3 :'(
Reply 189
FIREFLY
Malcolm in the Middle by a country mile.

Primeval is a worthy mention though - they cancelled it, then they brought it back but it was a bit rubbish, now it's semi-cancelled again...
Reply 191
PanAm
Firefly :frown:
Reply 193
Fresh prince of bel air. Or my wife and kids

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/
Reply 194
f.r.i.e.n.d.s
Reply 195
Original post by Nvmthename
Edit: quoted the wrong person :s-smilie:, but My wife and kids.

Michael: son its in your genes, your dna.
Jr: I dont wear dna's, i wear dkny.
Best sitcom scene ever :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830

The best my wife and kids scene was the one where junior sings to his baby (I forgot its name) 'my girl likes to party all the time'. Can't beat it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/
Courage.
Original post by 2ndClass
Samurai Jack

Oh god, finally someone who's watched samuri jack, absolutely loved that show and The Dragonball sequel.

Anyone remember Heroes?, probably the best TV drama ever made. It cost millions to make and they were loosing profit, due to ratings declining.

What about the people who were still watching NBC?!! :angry: :cry2: :cry2:
Reply 198
Keenan and Kel! Who loves orange soda?? Lol
Reply 199
Original post by Hopple
Stargate Atlantis. **** that Voyager ripoff SGU :unimpressed: Should probably have stopped SG1 before doing that Ori stuff too, taking on God, really?

YES.

Loved Atlantis.
Gutted they didn't make the film that they were going to. Although the two SG1 films were a bit of a let down.

Quick Reply

Latest