The Student Room Group

Is there any hope for a 642.5 Music student?

I scored a total of 2, 570 last week in my ukcat, with an average of 642.5.

I was initially going to apply for the kings college, Warwick and Newcastle graduate entry medicine courses but now I'm not sure that there is any point with such a low score.

I'm willing to start as a complete undergrad again and would be happy to do the five year course (instead of graduate 4 year).

I'm currently in my final year of a music degree at a Conservatoire, I'm on track for a 1st or 2:1.
I have no science A levels and to be honest dint do that well - B, C, C. during my school years had several severe family breakdowns. (hence the marks).

I have been a volunteer for Samaritans for a while now and have also gained work experience in hospitals.

is there any point me applying for the 2013 intake and if so where to?- considering my marks....

hope someone can help or advise....

thank you.
Reply 1
I had a few years out.. am older and wiser now... 23. have also-obviously- thoroughly researched medicine and sciences and know that is what I want to do.
Have you considered Southampton? :smile: cut off of 2500 this year I believe?
Newcastle's cut off was 702.5 for 2012 intake. It really would be a waste of a choice. Be aware that you will have to pay £9k for 4 years for the 5 year course. So as was pre iously memtioned,Southampton should be one of your choices. Alternatively, tale a year off,get some more work experience and resit the ukcat next year.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending