The Student Room Group

Transferring Uni, moving out of London

Hi everyone,
Im currently in the process of transferring university from Kingston University in London to Plymouth College of Art i know that the universities sort ou the tuition fee so it doesn't go to the wrong place but i want to know what to do about my grant and loan.
At the moment i get the full loan and full grant, when i move to plymouth i will get the same amount of grant but my maintenance loan will drop about £2000. I was wondering if i can move back to plymouth and still get the London amount because the extra money would be money i would have to pay back anyway so student finance wouldn't be missing out. I just want to know if this is allowed and make sure it doesn't break any laws or something silly.
Im guessing i wont be able to do this but i thought there was no pain in asking.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by RMayhem
Hi everyone,
Im currently in the process of transferring university from Kingston University in London to Plymouth College of Art i know that the universities sort ou the tuition fee so it doesn't go to the wrong place but i want to know what to do about my grant and loan.
At the moment i get the full loan and full grant, when i move to plymouth i will get the same amount of grant but my maintenance loan will drop about £2000. I was wondering if i can move back to plymouth and still get the London amount because the extra money would be money i would have to pay back anyway so student finance wouldn't be missing out. I just want to know if this is allowed and make sure it doesn't break any laws or something silly.
Im guessing i wont be able to do this but i thought there was no pain in asking.

Best thing to do would be to contact student finance directly. You may get misleading information from other places. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by RMayhem
Hi everyone,

of course you cant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending