The Student Room Group

Transferring to another university

I am currently a 2nd-year student at London Metropolitan University, It is a trap hole, I wish there were a time machine for me to go back 2 years before telling myself not to go there. I've applied to 5 different uni's in UCAS (Surrey, Reading, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, and SOAS) hoping to get into their year 3. Has anyone got any experience in transferring after year 2? Or even transferring from London Met to other universities ?
universities dont accept transfers into year 3 as a rule. They often dont accept other universities students as transfers at all and usually you have to meet the entry criteria for the new university. You need to contact the university you wish to attend and discuss it with them. Nobody else can help you.
Original post by Harold21688
I am currently a 2nd-year student at London Metropolitan University, It is a trap hole, I wish there were a time machine for me to go back 2 years before telling myself not to go there. I've applied to 5 different uni's in UCAS (Surrey, Reading, Royal Holloway, Queen Mary, and SOAS) hoping to get into their year 3. Has anyone got any experience in transferring after year 2? Or even transferring from London Met to other universities ?

Transfers are difficult, did you consult the course administrators prior to submitting your transfer application?

I think moving into start of year 2 is more likely.
Reply 3
Original post by mnot
Transfers are difficult, did you consult the course administrators prior to submitting your transfer application?

I think moving into start of year 2 is more likely.

Yes, I have called up these universities before applying to UCAS, and all of them said it is possible for year 3 entry, the difficult part is whether the courses I am currently doing match up with what they did for the past 2 years and whether I'll be able to catch up on year 3.
Original post by Harold21688
Yes, I have called up these universities before applying to UCAS, and all of them said it is possible for year 3 entry, the difficult part is whether the courses I am currently doing match up with what they did for the past 2 years and whether I'll be able to catch up on year 3.

Yes exactly, typically module pre-requisites, accreditation etc. can become an issue with final year entry - well if they say no, id keep in contact and see if they allow for year 2 entry. SFE allow students one resit year.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending