The Student Room Group

Quite a mess...

I don't usually post on this forum but I guess I really have no idea what to do in this situation.. Me and my ex-girlfriend (on and off) broke up about 10 months ago during which time she blocked me on facebook. I took it hard at first but eventually got used to not talking to her and I was happy. Yesterday I got a message from her on facebook (so obviously she unblocked me) telling me she has had time to reflect on things and she's sorry for everything that happened when we were dating and told me she's on anti-anxiety meds - I was quite happy to hear from her after so long. Unfortunately, I then found out she's engaged to some guy she's been in a relationship with for less than 4 months and suddenly all my feelings came flooding back and now I really have no idea what to do; I have no idea why she decided to tell me all this stuff about meds and worse we were best friends before we dated so I have a feeling she wants to ask me to the wedding.. sigh. Anyone been in a similar situation because I have no idea what to do.
Reply 1
Original post by Serano
I don't usually post on this forum but I guess I really have no idea what to do in this situation.. Me and my ex-girlfriend (on and off) broke up about 10 months ago during which time she blocked me on facebook. I took it hard at first but eventually got used to not talking to her and I was happy. Yesterday I got a message from her on facebook (so obviously she unblocked me) telling me she has had time to reflect on things and she's sorry for everything that happened when we were dating and told me she's on anti-anxiety meds - I was quite happy to hear from her after so long. Unfortunately, I then found out she's engaged to some guy she's been in a relationship with for less than 4 months and suddenly all my feelings came flooding back and now I really have no idea what to do; I have no idea why she decided to tell me all this stuff about meds and worse we were best friends before we dated so I have a feeling she wants to ask me to the wedding.. sigh. Anyone been in a similar situation because I have no idea what to do.

To start with sleep on it.

You probably don't want to go if she's getting married and you're getting feelings rush back already. If you feel like you might have trouble suppressing your emotions don't go. I'm sure she'll understand (and if she doesn't...well so what)

PS - sounds like a bit of a rebound.
Original post by Serano

Personally I wouldn't go to the wedding, but it's up to you. I mean I am not convinced it would work anyway because she's got engaged so quickly after getting with him but I don't want to build your hopes up.
When the priest states "If there is anyone who objects to this union; please speak now or forever hold your peace" barge in like a boss and steal the bride.

Jokes aside, if that was me I'd go just to prove myself it's over
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Well it's a matter of knowing yourself and what you can deal with at any given time. If you're finding it too hard to talk to her at the moment then that is okay. We can't all be available for people all the time. If you are going to be friends with her in the future, it has to be the case that you're both ready for it. If you'd find it difficult to attend the wedding, there's nothing wrong with you saying that you wish her the best but that you can't go. Besides, you can cross that bridge when you come to it (i.e. if you receive an official invitation). You don't know what will happen between now and when she gets married.

I would throw in some caution. You need to establish whether she's in contact with you for the right reasons. What I mean is that some people want emotional support from others but won't put themselves out there for any kind of genuine friendship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending