The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Just got an unconditional offer today for Sport and Injury Management needing 260 predicted this so might end up here who knows so surprised to get an offer today so close to new year
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by Spinster
I'm looking at self-catering accommodation but I haven't got the chance to visit any of the sites

Well it depends what you what you want. The grange is the biggest and moat social. They have all been/getting done up. It is not en-suite though. Limes is slightly further away but is cheapest and is nkce enough.

In the middle you have city, which is right next to the Grange. It is en suite but has had some hot water problems.

If you have the money grays wharf and percys lane are pretty new, but I have heard that it is not that sociable. There is also new accommodation getting built for this year.

If you have any questions just ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lorri94
Hi. I am currently in first year. Did you have any idea of what accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

HI :smile: i was just looking at the accomdation and wondering which one you think is the best one to stay at? :smile:
Original post by KMLeeson
Where else have you applied to? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Anglia Ruskin (My first coice atm)
Worcester (My insurance as I already meet the offer conditions)
Cantebury Chirst Church
St.Mary`s university college (Not even thinking about these two since I aready have "Better" places)
Reply 184
Original post by officiallyTania
HI :smile: i was just looking at the accomdation and wondering which one you think is the best one to stay at? :smile:

Hi. I live in the Grange and I really enjoy it. It ia the biggest site so you end up woth loads pf froneda that are really close, also it is only 5 min walk from uni.

If you look at my post above it has information on the other sotes. But the geange is known for being the best place to be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
I go to York St John and currently in my second year. Definitely recommend and if anyone has any questions in particular please feel free to ask away :smile:xxxx
Reply 186
Original post by Andrea_1
Applied for Business Management :smile:

I'm in my second year of this at ysj uni and I love it :smile:
Original post by lorri94
Hi. I live in the Grange and I really enjoy it. It ia the biggest site so you end up woth loads pf froneda that are really close, also it is only 5 min walk from uni.

If you look at my post above it has information on the other sotes. But the geange is known for being the best place to be

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile: im going to have a look around the grange when i go up and visit :biggrin:
Original post by Dinoinpaleblue
Cantebury Chirst Church
St.Mary`s university college (Not even thinking about these two since I aready have "Better" places)

If you got an offer from York St. John, would it be your firm? What have you applied to study?
Original post by KMLeeson
If you got an offer from York St. John, would it be your firm? What have you applied to study?

York st. John or ARU I am not sure yet :smile: Both are good, so I will just have to wait and see.
I applied to Film and media (joint honors)
Reply 190
Original post by BBx
Hey im half way through my first year on this course if you have questions more than happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thats lovely thankyou! The only thing I've been thinking about is what to do afterwards, i like to plan ahead :P haha what sort of career are you thinking about going into? :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by KGW
I'm looking to do Tourism Management at York St John as it's one of the few up north who aren't asking for GCSE maths at grade C... i have a D, although re-sitting i'm not too confident i'll get it!

Applying for Liverpool John Moore, Central Lancashire, Chester(Possibly) and Manchester Met(Need a C though)

Have any of you visited the accommodation at York? i've only seen online pictures and you can never tell from those!
Also is the university only small? i know it only has a few thousand students unlike Manchester etc with 33k

I went to visit after receiving a conditional offer, because I wasn't sure whether I'd be happier here or at York Uni, and I actually preferred this one, the accommodation varies in size, but not by much, and it's really nice!
Reply 192
Hi, I've been given an offer at York St. John to do Film & Television Production starting September. It's my first choice so, provided I get the grades, I'll be there!
Reply 193
Hi, I sent my application off in the middle of December from Primary Education. I heard back from 3 universities and they have offered me interviews but not heard anything from York St John yet :/ have they done all the interviews or are they still offering them? I haven't been declined either so I'm hoping no news is good news? I'm worried I really liked the look of York :frown:
Reply 194
Original post by Dinoinpaleblue
Cantebury Chirst Church

I'm applying to 3 of the same as you! Anglia Ruskin, York St John's and Worcester.
What're you applying for? I'm doing History :P

I got a conditional offer from York St. John's, 260 points, and an email about an open day. Anyone else going February 20th for an open day? :smile:
Original post by beeche7
Hi, I sent my application off in the middle of December from Primary Education. I heard back from 3 universities and they have offered me interviews but not heard anything from York St John yet :/ have they done all the interviews or are they still offering them? I haven't been declined either so I'm hoping no news is good news? I'm worried I really liked the look of York :frown:

Hello you should be fine still! I sent my application off the 21st November and didnt hear back from York until just before I broke up from school in December. My interview is the 29th January but another girl from my school hers isn't until the end February so there is still chances for an interview and we both applied for primary ed :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kateberry
I'm applying to 3 of the same as you! Anglia Ruskin, York St John's and Worcester.
What're you applying for? I'm doing History :P

I got a conditional offer from York St. John's, 260 points, and an email about an open day. Anyone else going February 20th for an open day? :smile:

I'm going on the 20th of February. I'm studying History too!

Reply 197
Ah cool!! Maybe we'll see each other~~
I decided YSJ is my first choice after going over all my unis course modules, YSJs sounds really interesting! Is it your first choice too??

I read back a few pages, I saw Spinster is doing business with Japanese?? I used to learn Japanese but my tutor moved back to Japan... He still sends me super cool stuff though!!

Just wondering where about in the country everyone is coming from?? I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kateberry
Ah cool!! Maybe we'll see each other~~
I decided YSJ is my first choice after going over all my unis course modules, YSJs sounds really interesting! Is it your first choice too??

I read back a few pages, I saw Spinster is doing business with Japanese?? I used to learn Japanese but my tutor moved back to Japan... He still sends me super cool stuff though!!

Just wondering where about in the country everyone is coming from?? I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, hopefully I'll get to meet a few people.

Yeah it is going to be my firm choice too. I can't wait!

I'm from a place called Daventry, it's near Northampton if anyone knows where that is, about 3 hours from York!

Reply 199
Original post by lorri94

Posted from TSR Mobile

My best friend lives in the Grange at the mo! :smile:
I'm hoping to stay there myself in september :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending