Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Pitt1988
The Grange is pretty much the party halls, always something going on and everyone just has a good time! You don't get to chose, no. I actually had the grange as my 4th choice so I wouldn't even bank on getting it as your first. I don't think it has anything to do with what you are studying, there are people doing history, occupational therapy, psychology, primary ed, sports related things and probably other degrees!

Ahh, that's both good and gutting at the same time haha! But thanks :smile: I presume you have to put them in order of 1-4 then if it was your fourth??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by amyeaton
Ahh, that's both good and gutting at the same time haha! But thanks :smile: I presume you have to put them in order of 1-4 then if it was your fourth??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I think it was actually 1-5 when I did it, might be mistaken though. To be honest, though, I don't think I could have survived if I was in the more expensive halls, the loans and grants don't go far at all!
Reply 382
Original post by Pitt1988
Yeah, I think it was actually 1-5 when I did it, might be mistaken though. To be honest, though, I don't think I could have survived if I was in the more expensive halls, the loans and grants don't go far at all!

Ahh good point, since there's 5 choices :wink: Duhh:wink: I bet they don't! That's why I'd rather have the grange! I worked my money out and could probably manage well enough with the grange prices but anymore and it could be a struggle haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone staying at city res? Like for definite? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 384
I forgot to update saying I put YSJ as my firm for history!!
Any other history people put York as firm?? I don't want to know noone when I go!! (:
I went to the last visit day but I really want to go to York again, to get more of the city nightlife vibe etc!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
for annyone who hasnt already remember we have a facebook group to chat on! accomodation choices will be soon i presume as last year it was 17/5/12 when emails were sent. here is the facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/YSJ2013/
Reply 387
Original post by Nixxcarterr
Anyone staying at city res? Like for definite? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by TjCollins
Hi, I accepted a conditional offer to study sports performance coaching in September, but I'm hoping to change to English lit. and creative writing. Just a couple of questions, has anyone heard of someone changing courses this late before? and since I will probably not prioritised for accommodation now, is it generally mixed sexes?
Thanks

Hey, I think you get a choice of mixed sexes or not on the application form, depends what you prefer. I haven't known of anybody changing course this late but I'm sure it will of happened before.. Have you rang UCAS or anything to change your options? And if you have done, therefore york being your first choice, you should be prioritised for accommodation. It does say on the website all first years will get guaranteed accommodation :smile: what made you change your choice? They're quite different courses haha:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a musician, grade 8 clarinet, grade 5 piano and about to do grade 8 singing in musical theatre, anyone know if ysj does any musical productions? I know it has loads of music groups but I know nothing about productions! If anyone knows anything that would be brilliant! Btw, I'm planning on studying primary ed!
Elly x
Film and TV production anyone? Also looking for accommodation that is en-suite but have 8 - 10 people? And are very sociable. Any advice? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
I wouldn't worry about getting the accommodation you're after. When I went down for my physio interview they said that if you firm YSJ you are guaranteed your first choice accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Original post by Chaazza
Got an email confirming that they have my application to do Sports Science and Injury Management so the wait is on anyone know how long it usually takes them to give you an offer

I would advise anyone wanting to be a sports therapist not to do this course, I'm in first year and currently trying to transfer universities
Reply 393
Original post by elnorris

I would advise anyone wanting to be a sports therapist not to do this course, I'm in first year and currently trying to transfer universities

Thanks for this I rejected my offer for this course anyway where are you hoping to transfer to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by Chaazza
Thanks for this I rejected my offer for this course anyway where are you hoping to transfer to

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm transferring to Teesside to start year 2 of sports therapy in September, the course really wasn't what I expected and the massage qualification you gain isn't recognised by any organisations so thought I better get out of there!
Reply 395
Original post by elnorris
I'm transferring to Teesside to start year 2 of sports therapy in September, the course really wasn't what I expected and the massage qualification you gain isn't recognised by any organisations so thought I better get out of there!

Thanks for this and they tried to sell me the course by saying that you get this qualification makes me so glad I rejected them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Original post by amyeaton
Hey, I think you get a choice of mixed sexes or not on the application form, depends what you prefer. I haven't known of anybody changing course this late but I'm sure it will of happened before.. Have you rang UCAS or anything to change your options? And if you have done, therefore york being your first choice, you should be prioritised for accommodation. It does say on the website all first years will get guaranteed accommodation :smile: what made you change your choice? They're quite different courses haha:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I directly rang and emailed YSJ. I got an email reply asking which specific course I want to transfer too and told them, but haven't had a second email yet, might ring them again. The reason for the strange change was I started an access course and found a kind of passion for English writing and sport was more a hobby haha sounds weird.
Thanks for the info
Reply 397
Original post by TjCollins
I directly rang and emailed YSJ. I got an email reply asking which specific course I want to transfer too and told them, but haven't had a second email yet, might ring them again. The reason for the strange change was I started an access course and found a kind of passion for English writing and sport was more a hobby haha sounds weird.
Thanks for the info

Ahh righty, yeah try ring them again. But I suppose at this time of year, their probably getting a lot of similar emails to yours so could be quite busy haha. And that doesn't sounds weird at all haha. You could still do sport on the side as well as your English course so really it's a win-win for you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
Looktothefuture, my best friend has film and tv production as his insurance, pretty sure (:

Also, could I have that Facebook group name please?? Every time I click the link, it says its invalid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
YSJ 2013 entry is the name of the facebook group :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending