Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by thebeebean123
Is anyone in st Mary's house in the grange?? Can't seem to find anyone...also be good to find someone doing English literature :smile:

hey :smile: im not in st marys house, but im doing english lit!
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 561
Original post by jrwylie1
I've applied to study primary education in September! I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the course? Like what the timetable is like and what the lectures are like? :smile: Thanks!

They've changed the course a bit for your year apparently, but I'm sure the general course will be the same. Last year there was 150(ish) in our year. For lectures we're all together but for seminars and workshops we get split into groups. There's about 5 groups in each year with about 30 people in each.

The course is a lot more intense than other courses. You'll find you have more hours in uni than friends on other courses. Don't worry though, you'll still have time to go out and be a fresher :P.

For me, placement is definitely the best part. We started our placement in November with a full week, then every Thursday until January when we had another block week, then every Thursday until June where we had three weeks of teaching.

I don't know what they've changed for your year, but that's how it worked for us. I loved first year so much, I'm so jealous of all you freshers!
Reply 562
Original post by emilyjaynekirton
Hi, I've got a question about the grange. :smile: that's where I'm going to be staying an I have no idea what it's really like. Is it like a house or like halls? Thank you :smile:

It depends where you're put. The grange is huge and is a mixture of houses and blocks of flats. Whichever you get put in, they're both nice. I was in a house and absolutely loved it :smile:. The grange is definitely the best place to stay. It's the closest to uni and is really sociable.
I'll be studying Counselling, coaching and mentoring.

Limes Court, House 19! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
Original post by ShornaW
Anyone in:

Flat 17 Room B
Pullman House
Percy’s Lane
York
YO1 9PD

Category - M

I'm very close, I'm in Flat 21 Room B :smile:
Reply 565
Original post by DomSaxby
205 Baldwin House, Room 2 at the Grange!

Doing PE and Sports Coaching

I'm not in the Grange but I'm also doing PE and Sports coaching!
Reply 566
Original post by Sophie0013
Hi im in flat 26 pullman house room E :-)

I'm in flat 21 so I'm kind of close haha
When can we enrol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool :-) i'll probably see you what are you studying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 569
thank you! I can't wait to get started! It all sounds brilliant!
Reply 570
Original post by Sophie0013
Cool :-) i'll probably see you what are you studying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physical Education & Sports Coaching, you?
Reply 572
Original post by JC 94
I'm very close, I'm in Flat 21 Room B :smile:

That you are, PM?
Reply 573
Anyone in Flat 17 Percy's Lane? or will be studying English Language and Creative Writing?
Anyone studying Business Management?

Also, anyone interested in the Pool Society or Sci-Fi/Fantasy Society?
Reply 575
Original post by Gemsielu
I'm going to be studying Children, Young People and Families and Education Studies in September. I have also applied for City Res as my first choice. If anyone is doing the same course as me let me know, it'd be nice to get to know some of you before September.

Hiya im studying children young people and families starting in September. Ive been allocated City Res Flat H?
There's a group on facebook for city res if your on there
Reply 576
City Residence Flat H

Also children, young people and families anyone?
is anyone 18 Penleys grove street? Me and my friend michelle are there this year and were there last year too!
Reply 578
anyone in limes court house 26? :smile:
Anyone in st John Central flat 102?, also who is studying History? (would be nice to know people)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending