The Student Room Group

ChemEng Personal statement

Ok I'm doing my PS and I've noticed how everyone has included some sort of experience related to ChemEng, however I haven't had the oppurtunity to experience chemical engineering because of the lack of chemical engineering jobs where I live.

so I was wondering what should I include in my PS for experience that I have had related to ChemEng or rather what could I do to gain some experience? I was thinking the only way I was going to be able to get work experience would be to do an internship abroad during a gap year (which I am considering doing anyway) however is there anything else that I could do? maybe some books related to chemEng that you could recommend?
you could try many other types of industrial job even food manufacturing since chemical engineering is a type of process engineering.
check the course content but there should be some design work involved so some understanding of modeling and computers will help possibly even programming but you will need to word it well into a personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending