Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by S.R
Are you gay?

Yes dahhling.
Reply 21
Original post by Harry Callahan
Why are so many lesbians manly?

The ones i know are rather attractive to be fair...
Reply 22
Original post by snozzle
Gaydar does work though, I reckon I can tell normally if someone is gay.

Oh, so you have a sensor implemented in you that lets you know who is gay and wo is not? :adore:

Gaydar, as a whole, is a pile of crap. I've come across many camp men, I presumed to be gay, who turned out to be as straight as one can be. I've come across straight men, I never would have guessed to be gay but turned out to be. Gaydar is a fake.
Reply 23
Original post by EffieFlowers
Maybe most gay men aren't feminine, maybe you just notice the feminine gay men more..

This. Most gays (and imho, they are the majority of gay people) don't act in the noticeable, obviously feminine way camp guys do. Therefore people think most gays are camp as they are stereotyped to be.

And in addition, their personal life is not anyone else's business so why would they share it with most people anyway...
Reply 24
This could be a number of things. It could be a biological increase in feminine hormones which explains it, or it could be a situational thing which concerns society, like you said. I don't think that you're right in what you're saying about footballers not coming out, because I believe that sport is mainly considered masculine and to be feminine in such a situation may seem wrong to them. It's not that it's a problem with society either, as some of these choices to remain silent about sexual preference may be subconscious. This also happens with depression and footballers too. It's been found that women are more likely to admit to psychological problems than men. What does that tell you?
Original post by Jack93o
the way I look at it, is that they're a woman trapped inside a man's body

Gender and sexuality are completely unrelated.
Reply 26
Original post by Jack93o
the way I look at it, is that they're a woman trapped inside a man's body

That's called being transgender, and is something different.
Reply 27
it's probably because they're gay
Reply 28
Bit of both I suspect. You'd need more information to determine it really, and I was simplifying for my audience.
Reply 29
feminine gay men are 'so' feminine because they are gay. Straight men are feminine because they feel comfortable that way. its because the OP said 'so' feminine that i got cheesed off
Reply 30
Original post by Z.93
feminine gay men are 'so' feminine because they are gay. Straight men are feminine because they feel comfortable that way. its because the OP said 'so' feminine that i got cheesed off

So what about gay men who aren't effeminate?
Reply 31
Original post by mmmpie
So what about gay men who aren't effeminate?

lol! i'm saying its quarter to 8 and you're saying 'NO ITS NOT ITS 7:45!'
I find campness so annoying in real life. I like Alan Carr and such, but in real life I find it so irritating. The only gay guys I'm friends with are all very normal guys, you wouldn't guess if you met them.
Reply 33
... is this really in the Philosophy section ... surely it should be in the Chat section, or Society if you wanna push it
While it may be true that 'camp' men are usually homosexual that is not an inherent trait of being homosexual nor is being homosexual inherent of being camp. I would like to see the evidence that says that 'most homosexuals' are camp. Because that seems contrary to, basic logical thought. How many camp people do you see? Not very many I would bet. But how many gay people do you think exist? Estimates range between 5% and 10% of the population. Thats a decent amount of people. So of the few camp people you see, why do you think they make up most of the people of that part of the population? Seeing events like Pride, is where most people derive this generalization from, but that is misleading as that is a day where people who wouldn't normally dress up and act out in such a way feel that they can or that they should.
Completely agree. The majority of my gay male friends act just as masculine as straight men.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
Original post by Z.93
lol! i'm saying its quarter to 8 and you're saying 'NO ITS NOT ITS 7:45!'

Oh right, you're equating homosexuality and effeminacy. My bad, I assumed you were trying to say something intelligent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly I don't think most gay men appear obviously effeminate. Through personal experience gay man acting camp is not something they are born with, once they come out about their sexually and possibly change their social groups, particularly outside of the classroom, it influences them like a cultural thing. But this is only my experience of two individuals, so very limited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending