The Student Room Group

Random guy asks if I will marry him!

Hi people,
I see this guy absolutely every single day on my way to the bus stop. I don’t know his name and I’ve never smiled at him or anything. This morning he comes up to me in a public place and asks if I will marry him! He also had a ring with him! I was like “WHOA!!!!! I don’t even know you mate”. It was soooo embarrassing because everyone literally stopped and stared and plus everyone in that area known me. He is not bad looking but just isn’t my type and is about 19. I just walked away; I did not know what to say, I mean I was in shock- you would never expect to be proposed on a dull Tuesday morning by a stranger. I have been asked out before but this one was asking to marry me! But then he followed me and I told me he really liked me but I said no. He got really angry and said ‘At least I didn’t rape you! So is that a yes then”. I mean WTF!!! :eek: And that’s when I decided to run.
So now the problem is that I presume that he lives locally and I really don’t want to see him again (by the way, he is one of those bad boys and all) and that’s just not my type. I’m actually quite scared, what if he does come after me?
What can I actually do? I can’t change my route because that is the closest bus stop and the next bus stop is about 30 minutes walk. Shall I confront him and tell him to leave me alone?
Help? Any advice would be appreciated. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Hi people,
I see this guy absolutely every single day on my way to the bus stop. I don’t know his name and I’ve never smiled at him or anything. This morning he comes up to me in a public place and asks if I will marry him! He also had a ring with him! I was like “WHOA!!!!! I don’t even know you mate”. It was soooo embarrassing because everyone literally stopped and stared and plus everyone in that area known me. He is not bad looking but just isn’t my type and is about 19. I just walked away; I did not know what to say, I mean I was in shock- you would never expect to be proposed on a dull Tuesday morning by a stranger. I have been asked out before but this one was asking to marry me! But then he followed me and I told me he really liked me but I said no. He got really angry and said ‘At least I didn’t rape you! So is that a yes then”. I mean WTF!!! :eek: And that’s when I decided to run.
So now the problem is that I presume that he lives locally and I really don’t want to see him again (by the way, he is one of those bad boys and all) and that’s just not my type. I’m actually quite scared, what if he does come after me?
What can I actually do? I can’t change my route because that is the closest bus stop and the next bus stop is about 30 minutes walk. Shall I confront him and tell him to leave me alone?
Help? Any advice would be appreciated. :smile:

This guy is a trooper.
Reply 2
What the hell?

Do you have an older brother that can beat him up for you?
No offence... but how old are you? Age has a lot do with it-esp if you are way older than he is. Plus, they say that you are less likely to get divorced if you marry someone you don't know. How do you know he is not your type if you have not spoken to him? Give him a chance!

Then again-was he serious? Are you sure he wasn't playing some pervy joke? He could be a stalker!!
Reply 4
the guy seems a few pennies short of a pound
Reply 5
You shouldn't have to change your route because of this person. Confront him and if he doesn't get it and continues to bother you, talk to police. He may be dangerous.
Was the ring real?
Original post by PinkyQT
What the hell?

Do you have an older brother that can beat him up for you?

I actually have older cousins who I'm very close to, but I don't want this matter to escalate. If they found out, which I think they will there will be lots of trouble.
:lolwut: That is all.
Original post by Rupi
No offence... but how old are you? Age has a lot do with it-esp if you are way older than he is. Plus, they say that you are less likely to get divorced if you marry someone you don't know. How do you know he is not your type if you have not spoken to him? Give him a chance!

Then again-was he serious? Are you sure he wasn't playing some pervy joke? He could be a stalker!!

I'm 17 he looked about 18/19 but he just was not my type, and yes I think he was serious- he had a ring!
Original post by Alexandra's Box
:lolwut: That is all.

What do you mean- I was scared out of my wits, especially when he said atleast he hadn't raped me. I just wanted some advise, thats all.
Reply 11
legend
Reply 12
What the ****? hahaha

He sounds seriously unstable. Be ready to contact the police if you see any more sketchy behaviour
Was he Asian? I am not discriminating in any way because I am Asian...
Uhh, it's a bit weird? Do you think he seems likely to hurt you at all??

Might be wise asking a friend (the big burly kind) to walk with you for a couple days :rolleyes:
Original post by Redolent
What the ****? hahaha

He sounds seriously unstable. Be ready to contact the police if you see any more sketchy behaviour

I was not laughing at that time! Yeah maybe I should consider telling someone.
Reply 16
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Original post by kiki202
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

It's not that funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 19
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I was not laughing at that time! Yeah maybe I should consider telling someone.
To be honest I don't think you can be too cautious about someone who genuinely thinks they can persuade someone to marry them by saying "At least I didn't rape you!"

You sure it wasn't a joke? This all sounds way too ridiculous to be for real

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending