The Student Room Group

Clubbing Vs. Relationship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kunoichi
your gonna hate me even more when i tell you i crashed the next year and it only went up to 340 :tongue:

Wtf.... Why am I paying £1500? It's about time men and women had equal rights ffs! :hmmm:
Reply 41
Original post by Yawn11
Wtf.... Why am I paying £1500? It's about time men and women had equal rights ffs! :hmmm:

even i have to agree with you that it was unfair that it didnt go up higher.
But insurance is based on statistics. Statistics say teenage boys have more accidents, so its teenage boys not girls you need to be moaning at for making your insurance stupidly high.
OP: Think you need to just chill out mate.

The more you kick up a fuss over her going out, the more you're going to put at risk your relationship. She needs time away from you and with her friends. Let her have it. Its not ideal if what you say is true about guys flirting with her in clubs, but hey it happens, there's not a lot you can do about it. If she's not snogging their faces off, dancing like hell with them or going back to their places then I'm not really sure what the massive issue is.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if she asked you not to go to the gym because there might be girls looking at you lifting weights for example.
Reply 43
This thread is full of fail, lol
Reply 44
Meh, I'd let her go if I had one. Provided she don't cheat I guess. Trust is needed in a relationship. I'd go on a night out etc. without pulling if need be so I'd trust her to do the same. Drink doesn't make someone cheat. Their actions make them cheat.

Although saying that I wouldn't go clubbing as much. I'd go to house parties or just chill with my mates if I had a girl.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Basically I think your gf is, deep down, loving it. Why isn't she doing these things? Why isn't she making sure she's sending out the 'don't even TRY it' vibes? Let's be real. EVERYBODY who's not 17 and there for the first time KNOWS the dynamics of a club enviroment. Women know it especially. We know that a guy isn't just after a 'friendly chat' if he's bothered to walk across the room to talk to us instead of being with his mates. We know that there are expectations and implications and all of that.

I completely agree. Guys will not generally persist if you show them just how uninterested you are. Maybe her being from the country side etc is a bit of a smoke screen...when deep down she enjoys the attention...
Reply 46
Original post by Yawn11
Poor attempt at twisting my words for some rep, better luck next time hoe.

Don't worry bro, got your back. Pos'd you neg'd the haterz.
Original post by Hunter38
I personally hate it when my girlfriend goes clubbing with her girlfriends. I know most of you will be thinking that I don't trust her, but trust isn't really the problem here. I know that she would never cheat willingly, but every time she goes to a club there are always guys touching her, grabbing her and being very inappropriate. The last time she went clubbing a guy that her friends were talking to grabbed her and tried to kiss her!

What I don't understand is why she insists on going. She knows how I feel about it and she knows that when things like this happen it puts strain on us. And while I trust her, her friends are single and out on the pull so obviously if they are chatting to a group of guys then it puts my girlfriend in a situation where things like that will happen, so whats the point in her going out and putting herself in these situations? She sees it as going out for a dance with her girls but clubbing isn't just about having a dance, it's where drunk pervy guys go to pick up girls.

I have no objection to her going clubbing with me or her cousin (male) because as long as there is a guy with her then she is less likely to be approached/groped/sexually assaulted. But when she is out with her friends, that's when things start to happen and I don't know how many more times I can deal with it. When we first started going out she wasn't much of a clubber and I told her I was relieved as I don't go out with those types of girls, now I'm worried she is becoming one of them.

What does everyone else think about this issue? Should you go clubbing in a relationship and put yourself in a situation that is just waiting for something bad to happen? Have you had any issues like this with your s/o? All opinions welcome.

H
eres some advice, stop pestering her.

If a woman wants to cheat and **** other guys, she will **** other guys no matter what.

Your insecurity in this matter will end the relationship and she will still go clubbing but this time, those guys approaching her? She will be sleeping with them so thats an even bigger hit to the stomach after she dumps you.

Im not saying you have to be happy about men doing this to your girl but its the environment and its what happens.

Her friends being out for the pull does not help matters either and if I am honest, my GF on holiday with her single friends is just asking for trouble. What happens on holiday stays on holiday and women are exceptional liars regarding this.

However your Gf has not cheated, she gets approached but until she has cheated you cannot just deny her the freedom.

Putting pressure on her to stay away will rebound in your face. Dont be the guy that tried to put a lease on his girl but made her run away as a result.
Original post by ProfessorPester
I would not go to a nightclub if forced, no way am i walking through a crowd of sweating people who engage in sexual behavior with anything moving.

If i did go, I'll sulk outside the club.

obviously never been...
Reply 49
How can you possibly not think about it? Random guys are touching up your girlfriend and you're quite happy to sit there and do nothing? I wish I could do that but it just isn't right. Different if she was single, but the fact that you are her boyfriend means that only you have the right to touch her in those places, and she knows that by going to clubs, other guys are going to touch her there too. It's disrespectful to you and to your relationship. That's the way I see it.

Because I know she wouldn't do anything so it will be like two seconds before they get rejected. At the the end of the day they can try and touch her but will fail they might get two seconds but what can you do? Fair enough if you can't get over it but that's life it's going to happen but remember who's actually going out with her because you start trying to control her you're going to lose her then other people will be with her

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
No I don't mean that it's her fault she is being assaulted, but she knows that she will be sexually assaulted when she goes to a club and yet she still goes anyway! Like I've said there are plenty of other things to do with friends other than clubbing. I just don't agree that clubbing is something you should be doing while you have a bf or gf at home. I see it as something you should do when you're single. The fact she is in a relationship with me an is willingly going places where random guys can feel her up is ridiculous. I know that's not what she goes for, but that's sadly what happens in clubs. It's not possible to just go for a dance with her friends. There will always be something bad that happens, so why risk it? Why put yourself in that situation when there are plenty of other things she could do with her friends. That's more what I'm trying to say. Sorry if I sounded harsh before.

How can you possibly not think about it? Random guys are touching up your girlfriend and you're quite happy to sit there and do nothing? I wish I could do that but it just isn't right. Different if she was single, but the fact that you are her boyfriend means that only you have the right to touch her in those places, and she knows that by going to clubs, other guys are going to touch her there too. It's disrespectful to you and to your relationship. That's the way I see it.

I understand a bit more now where you're coming from, but I still think your anger is misdirected. The point is that your girlfriend is the victim, not the perpretrator, in this situation. She is not disrespecting you or your relationship; she is the one who is being disrespected and worse, and I would argue that she deserves your sympathy and not your resentment. Now, you point out that there are other ways for her to hang out with her friends that don't involve clubbing. This is true, but you have to remember that when you're a woman there is no guarantee, wherever you go, that you will not be harassed or assaulted. Where I live, which isn't a rough area by any means, I frequently experience street harassment if I go out on my own or with my sister, even in broad daylight. So, leaving aside the fact that if she wants to hang out with these particular friends she's going to have to take into account what they want to do, your girlfriend, like most women, is simply choosing to do something she enjoys even if it increases the (already present) risk that she will be harassed and/or assaulted. It's a trade-off that we all have to make.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Londonred
Because I know she wouldn't do anything so it will be like two seconds before they get rejected. At the the end of the day they can try and touch her but will fail they might get two seconds but what can you do? Fair enough if you can't get over it but that's life it's going to happen but remember who's actually going out with her because you start trying to control her you're going to lose her then other people will be with her

I see your point but I just can't get past the fact that these guys are feeling her up, and more to the point, she is going to clubs KNOWING it's going to happen! I know that she is the "victim" in this, but by simply not going to clubs, the problem will be sorted. It is sexual assault at the end of the day and I don't see how anyone can be calm about it.
Original post by whatsername2009
I understand a bit more now where you're coming from, but I still think your anger is misdirected. The point is that your girlfriend is the victim, not the perpretrator, in this situation. She is not disrespecting you or your relationship; she is the one who is being disrespected and worse, and I would argue that she deserves your sympathy and not your resentment. Now, you point out that there are other ways for her to hang out with her friends that don't involve clubbing. This is true, but you have to remember that when you're a woman there is no guarantee, wherever you go, that you will not be harassed or assaulted. Where I live, which isn't a rough area by any means, I frequently experience street harassment if I go out on my own or with my sister, even in broad daylight. So, leaving aside the fact that if she wants to hang out with these particular friends she's going to have to take into account what they want to do, your girlfriend, like most women, is simply choosing to do something she enjoys even if it increases the (already present) risk that she will be harassed and/or assaulted. It's a trade-off that we all have to make.

Yeah I know she is the victim and I'm not saying it's her fault guys in clubs are grabbing her, but the fact is that's what happens in clubs, so she is going there KNOWING she is going out to get felt up. I see your point about it could happen anytime anywhere, but its far more likely to happen in a club and the guy is far more likely to get away with it. It's more like saying, there is a street that everytime you walk down, you will be sexually assaulted, it's your choice to walk down said street or not. (if that makes sense?) it's her choice to go to a specific place where she knows te consequences. Why? All for a dance? There are many more cons than there are pros in this situation. I know it may drive her away but to be honest, if her clubbing is more important than her relationship then maybe it's for the best? I just don't understand why people put themselves in situations where they are almost guaranteed to be sexually attacked, just for the sake of a dance. Thanks for your replies, it's good to have a proper discussion with someone about this.
Reply 53
I see your point but I just can't get past the fact that these guys are feeling her up, and more to the point, she is going to clubs KNOWING it's going to happen! I know that she is the "victim" in this, but by simply not going to clubs, the problem will be sorted. It is sexual assault at the end of the day and I don't see how anyone can be calm about it.

Yeaah but girls don't think like that they just think about going out with their mates so you can't do anything :/

Reply 54
Have you been in a similar situation then? What happened in your case? Tbh I'm not one for just "getting on with it" type of people. I'd rather find a solution or compromise, or just leave the situation all together.
i am now, however i havent let myself get 'too involved' as it were with her compared to previous... life is too short! the way i see it as is you need to let her enjoy her life, even if that doesnt include you...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending