The Student Room Group

Not enough sex..?

So yeh, ive been with my BF for about a year. we are both early 20s. we only seem to have sex once every 6 weeks-2months, do you think thats not much?

I think its not enough, but I dont if maybe its normal and im just being silly. I dont wanna bring it up with him if im being over the top, but if im right and its not really enough (i get turned on a lot especially when weve not done it in a while but then we never end up doing it still and i feel rubbish cz i cant do anything about being turned on!) then i should say something and see if he is thinking something too.

We dont live together, but spend about 2 or 3 nights a week together still, thats why also i think its not much.

thanks.
That's not a lot of sex no.

Ask him if he wants more sex, I doubt he'll say no :biggrin:
Reply 2
your bf sounds pretty gay tbh..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So yeh, ive been with my BF for about a year. we are both early 20s. we only seem to have sex once every 6 weeks-2months, do you think thats not much?

I think its not enough, but I dont if maybe its normal and im just being silly. I dont wanna bring it up with him if im being over the top, but if im right and its not really enough (i get turned on a lot especially when weve not done it in a while but then we never end up doing it still and i feel rubbish cz i cant do anything about being turned on!) then i should say something and see if he is thinking something too.

We dont live together, but spend about 2 or 3 nights a week together still, thats why also i think its not much.

thanks.

Everyone's different, right? What's normal for one couple may not be for another. However, you're clearly not happy with the amount of sex you have which is why I think you should speak to him about it. Don't compare and say "But, people on TSR say it's not normal" but instead, ask him if he's uncomfortable with having sex, does he want to have more sex and if he's happy with the amount you have. If he's happy with the amount of sex you guys are having and you're not then you guys just aren't compatible sexually and may need to compromise. But talking to him about it from your persepctive is key. It doesn't matter what anyone on here says whether it's normal or not.
Reply 4
There's no 'normal' level of sex. What's normal is what's right for you. If you're turned on and what more sex take the initiative!
Reply 5
If he doesn't want sex then **** him.

Spoiler

Reply 6

thanks.

There is no normal. But 6-8 weeks seems too long, especially if you want more.

If you do want some kind of estimate, I reckon for a couple who meet 2-3 times a week...some couples will do it every time they meet (i.e. 2-3 times a week) or perhaps just once every week or once every couple weeks.

To meet that often and only do it every 6-8 weeks seems farrrrr too long to me. I would bring it up with him. If you've been together a year, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to talk openly about it. Explain that you feel that waiting nearly 2 months is a bit too long for you, and ask if there is any reason in particular why he waits that long.

Perhaps he is just as shy as you are? Meaning he could turn around and say "well you've never said anything before so I didn't." I'd just talk about it.
Reply 7

thanks.

I would say anything less than 4 times a week as not a lot.. and when my relationship started going to once every 4-5 weeks it caused many arguments.. but that's just me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending