The Student Room Group

Disabled Students FAQ (Under Construction)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
There isn't a specific deadline just sort the form and evidence as soon as you can so everything is in place for when you start

Thank you for your quick reply

I have some other questions too if you are able too answer

Does DSA cover the difference between ensuite and shared bathroom costs if you have an illness which might require your own bathroom?

Does the doctors note have to be detailed? My gp is being a bit weird about this and saying he can write a note about my illnesses and medications (with a charge) but he can't write how it affects my studying because its out of his means or something? Theres only one GP at my practise as theres not many people registered/living round here so I'm not really sure what to do, and I've been discharged from my hospital doctor.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bex.anne
Thank you for your quick reply

I have some other questions too if you are able too answer

Does DSA cover the difference between ensuite and shared bathroom costs if you have an illness which might require your own bathroom?

Does the doctors note have to be detailed? My gp is being a bit weird about this and saying he can write a note about my illnesses and medications (with a charge) but he can't write how it affects my studying because its out of his means or something? Theres only one GP at my practise as theres not many people registered/living round here so I'm not really sure what to do, and I've been discharged from my hospital doctor.

If your funding body is sfe, they won't cover accommodation anymore if it's owned by the university, they might if it's private. Your evidence needs to mention, x 's ability to study us affected by this illness because, they ll want something specific.

Quick Reply

Latest