The Student Room Group

Do you believe in love?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Pensivedore
Woah there, a bit extreme! There's really no need to feel sorry. That kind of "love" isn't necessary for my survival. I don't need it. It doesn't exist. :h:

How old are you?
I love my family with all my heart and soul, if anything happened to them I'd be a wreck. I love them with every fibre of my being, so yes, I believe in love.
Yes, but only if your name is Azuki or Moritaka :love:
Reply 43
No, it doesn't. What we call love is nothing more than chemicals working in the brain. And that's it. Similarly, your thoughts are not your thoughts. We are just pieces of decaying meat destined to die and ultimately no more significant than a slug. Tough life, eh?
Reply 44
Original post by hogwartian1993
I love my family with all my heart and soul, if anything happened to them I'd be a wreck. I love them with every fibre of my being, so yes, I believe in love.

That's only because your brain has been wired that way. There was never gonna be a different outcome.
Original post by TheJ0ker
How old are you?

18, why?
Yes I do. It's all you need apparently...and also has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight. Swings and roundabouts.
Yes I just don't believe it happens to everyone and if it does you're very lucky.
I think that we are all big bags of meat sitting on a rock hurtling through space and in 100 years we will likely all be dead. The only thing that makes our existence worthwhile is emotions, and love is the most powerful of those emotions - for better or for worse, people will kill and die for it, whether between parents and children, siblings, lovers, friends. Love is so powerful in its effect on people that there is no way we have the capacity to make it up.

Annie x
Nope.

Never have.
I believe in life after love.
Yes I do.
Reply 52
Original post by Garrow1564
I've been in love however I am not in the least romantic about it, I am pragmatic and believe it is a chemical reaction (not that it, at least to me, devalues it) I would prefer to have a career than fall in love.

Bet you are a Capricorn
Reply 53
I would just like to thank everyone for their replies! It's been very interesting! :smile:
Reply 54
18, why?

Because if you were like 15 then I would have told you you don't really know anything. Love does exist, just because you haven't experienced a feeling doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's really bad logic.
Original post by TheJ0ker
Because if you were like 15 then I would have told you you don't really know anything. Love does exist, just because you haven't experienced a feeling doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's really bad logic.

The reason I don't believe in it isn't because I haven't experienced it, it's mainly because I see others who claim that they are experiencing it, and it doesn't seem real to me. But I guess don't really know why I feel that way about it. It's such an abstract feeling anyway, there's nothing solid in it, so how can you be so certain it exists? Plus it's thrown around so often and used so loosely by a lot of people. I know people who have been dating for less than a month that claim they're in love. Is there even any logic in that?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
The reason I don't believe in it isn't because I haven't experienced it, it's mainly because I see others who claim that they are experiencing it, and it doesn't seem real to me. But I guess don't really know why I feel that way about it. It's such an abstract feeling anyway, there's nothing solid in it, so how can you be so certain it exists? Plus it's thrown around so often and used so loosely by a lot of people. I know people who have been dating for less than a month that claim they're in love. Is there even any logic in that?

Yes totally agree with last bit it is often thrown around and said in ridiculous circumstances. I disagree with you saying it isn't a solid feeling though, it is hard to pin down what exactly the feeling is and is hard to describe but it is definitely there, it's one of the strongest things someone can feel IMO people do some weird stuff because of love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending