The Student Room Group

Guy being told he's "cute"

Is that a good or bad thing? A girl on a night out told my best friend "I was cute" and she started pulling my arm and dragging me everywhere. The day after my friend was outraged saying that "I'd take offense because no guys want to be known a cute."

This is no troll or an attention thread I'm just curious what women think.... To me I'm no Brad Pitt whose manly handsome but is cute like Leonardo Dicarprio from Titanic or something? If so then I'm going to the gym... Because I don't want to be known as a girly pretty boy. :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

I don't think its offensive at all, its called a compliment. :smile:
Reply 2
I like it. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is that a good or bad thing? A girl on a night out told my best friend "I was cute" and she started pulling my arm and dragging me everywhere. The day after my friend was outraged saying that "I'd take offense because no guys want to be known a cute."

This is no troll or an attention thread I'm just curious what women think.... To me I'm no Brad Pitt whose manly handsome but is cute like Leonardo Dicarprio from Titanic or something? If so then I'm going to the gym... Because I don't want to be known as a girly pretty boy. :rolleyes:

Wow to know that this is a problem for some people...
In Sixth Form someone used to call me their doggie. I really don't know how to feel about that.
To me it means 'friendzone'
If you hate it that much then I hope you get called fugly :wink:
If it gets you laid, it's fair play :wink:
I use 'cute' sometimes because I think guys are sweet but I mostly use it when I like their appearance. It's a win-win dude! :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
I rather guys be cute then all manly and muscly. So cute is a compliment!
I like being called cute, though usually it doesn't happen, mainly because I'm 5ft 11 and have a very deep voice.
Reply 11
Life is so tough, isn't it? It must be awful to have girls going after you, using the wrong words to describe your looks. Just awful.
Original post by Cryogenic
Life is so tough, isn't it? It must be awful to have girls going after you, using the wrong words to describe your looks. Just awful.

:lol:
Not a fan of it
It's like aww your nice but i'd not touch you ever
or
You're like a child
Which i am, Vodka makes me about 6 years old mentally
Great fun
Original post by Cryogenic

+1
:rofl: and then they drag him around places with them. Gosh all this attention must be so hard to deal with :mmm:
Reply 15
No, I'm not saying I took offense to it. I was simply asking what peoples opinions on cute means. To some it means friendzoned by the looks of it which is interesting. It's just my friend was outraged because to him guys shouldn't be called cute. To some they may think the guys adorable like a guy who they can cuddle and take out for drinks like a gay friend sort of way... Thats what my friend thinks. I was only asking on peoples thoughts on what a guy cute means.
Reply 16
To me cute is like : that kitten over there is cute.
Reply 17
I'd tell friends that a guy I like is 'cute' because I find him attractive..

But if I liked a guy I wouldn't say to his face that he's 'cute' because I know that could be misinterpreted...and generally I say that if I feel that he's like a brother or a really good guy friend.

It depends on the individual woman. I don't think you'll find the catch-all answer you want. Look at body language to figure out if a woman is into you. Don't analyse what she says. That means nothing.
Reply 18
Original post by Lucia.
I'd tell friends that a guy I like is 'cute' because I find him attractive..

But if I liked a guy I wouldn't say to his face that he's 'cute' because I know that could be misinterpreted...and generally I say that if I feel that he's like a brother or a really good guy friend.

It depends on the individual woman. I don't think you'll find the catch-all answer you want. Look at body language to figure out if a woman is into you. Don't analyse what she says. That means nothing.

Yeah she didn't tell it to my face, she said it to my best friend whose friends with her.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she didn't tell it to my face, she said it to my best friend whose friends with her.

Sounds like she's into you....or she's just a big ol' flirt. Only one way to find out. Up the ante and be more touchy feely with her and see how she reacts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending