The Student Room Group

best way to end this?

Please keep anon

Okay, i did a pretty douchey thing, Last night i slept with my flatmate, we stopped this morning so i could go to a lecture and whilst in lecture she text me and invited me round to her room straight after my lecture. I went and we slept together again until this evening.

I left her room to go to work and as i left the flat she came outside and started kissing me goodbye.

Now she is sending me sex texts, telling me she had been attracted to me for ages and inviting me over to her room again.

I cannot say it was a one time drunken thing because i went back today sober after last night, she is a nice enough girl, but i really don't want a relationship and it feels like she does at the very least she wants to see more of me.

Now i know what its like to have feelings for someone and not feel them returned and i can only imagine that negative feeling would be amplified if you slept with that person only to find out the feelings where still not returned and i rightly so feel like a complete ****.

So what would you suggest would be the best way to end this situation fast,

Tell her it was a mistake, admit I'm a dick and apoligise?
Try to sugar coat it and apoligise?

or any other ideas?

I don't want to leave it too long so that she might build up ideas or anything because i am just not looking for anything like a relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anon

Okay, i did a pretty douchey thing, Last night i slept with my flatmate, we stopped this morning so i could go to a lecture and whilst in lecture she text me and invited me round to her room straight after my lecture. I went and we slept together again until this evening.

I left her room to go to work and as i left the flat she came outside and started kissing me goodbye.

Now she is sending me sex texts, telling me she had been attracted to me for ages and inviting me over to her room again.

I cannot say it was a one time drunken thing because i went back today sober after last night, she is a nice enough girl, but i really don't want a relationship and it feels like she does at the very least she wants to see more of me.

Now i know what its like to have feelings for someone and not feel them returned and i can only imagine that negative feeling would be amplified if you slept with that person only to find out the feelings where still not returned and i rightly so feel like a complete ****.

So what would you suggest would be the best way to end this situation fast,

Tell her it was a mistake, admit I'm a dick and apoligise?
Try to sugar coat it and apoligise?

or any other ideas?

I don't want to leave it too long so that she might build up ideas or anything because i am just not looking for anything like a relationship.

Tell her ASAP that you don't want a relationship, she may get upset and angry but it is best to be honest now to her rather than string her along, unless of course she is happy with a friends with benefits situation.
Try and tell her in a nice way, like don't sleep with her and as you pull out tell her.
Reply 3
I will not sleep with her again, This is going to be hard, i see her everyday, I want to put a stop to this face to face rather than over the phone or text, but i don't think i can face her, i feel ashamed of myself for doing this to her, even though i never mentioned or suggested any hint of a relationship, and i know if i see a hurt feeling on her face i will feel like the worst human ever.

I guess i know what needs to be done, but i feel like an utter bastard.
Reply 4
Tell her ASAP... The longer you hold it off, the more painful it will be for her when you finally do tell her.
Oofh, a very difficult situation, something similar happened with two of my best friends, it was difficult to say the least.

Definitely tell her asap. You might feel bad for a bit (you shouldn't) but it's better to bite the bullet than string her along. Better for both of you in the long run.

I can only wish you the best of luck, a very difficult situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending