The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hlevoi
What's the best accommodation and what is the most social in your opinion for first year?

best accommodation is New Bridewell.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hello.
I have accepted my offer by the university for MSc Robotics(Sep 2020). I was hoping I could find some information regarding a budget friendly and good accommodation hall. Also, anyone else going for MSc for the same intake?
Original post by Leviathan1611

Thanks, Is the price worth it?
Any other accommodation which is good and cheaper?
Original post by hlevoi
Thanks, Is the price worth it?

compared to other accomodations in bristol, i would say yes it's worth it. I've had no issues with the place.
Hi I've got an offer for MSc chemical physics for A*AA.Can any of you chemistry/physics students tell me how you find your course? Are lecturers good? Is there good test/homework feedback? Is the course stimulating? Is there much lab work? Also, if you know anything about job prospects that would be great to know. I'm between Bristol and Edinburgh, and need help deciding. Thx!
compared to other accomodations in bristol, i would say yes it's worth it. I've had no issues with the place.

Out of curiosity, are there any master's students staying at this place?
Original post by Harry257
Out of curiosity, are there any master's students staying at this place?

masters? yeah i guess so, it's mainly a place for first years so if they're doing a masters then yes.
In regards to the A100 program, what are the pros and cons of the degree at Bristol? What are the pros and cons of Bristol Generally?
I'm an international student and I'm most probably going to join in September to study BSc Psychology. What are some well paying evening jobs I could take up? Is it cheaper to get catered accommodation, or self-catered rooms and buy your own groceries? I am taking a massive loan for my education, so I want to be as frugal as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by nanabi
If anyone here is currently majoring in BSc psychology, what does it like to study psychology in Bristol ?

I'm in my 3rd year of Bsc psychology at Bristol, I've really enjoyed my time there and am so sad that Corona is cutting it short, message me if you have any specific questions!
Does anybody know about Marlborough House? Can't find proper reviews online.

Hi! Whats the social life like in city centre? I have seen that others think of it to be lackluster in comparison to the other residential villages but what's your perspective on it?
Original post by loversrock
Hi! Whats the social life like in city centre? I have seen that others think of it to be lackluster in comparison to the other residential villages but what's your perspective on it?

i'm not much of a social person but i think its quite a social place, there's nightclub next to my accommodation that many people go to almost everyday, also people are quite social at my place since we have a common room and study room so a lot of people hang out together there. i hope that helped, sorry if it didn't:smile:
what is life like in bristol? Sports, stuff to do outside of uni work etc.
Do you recommend bristol and have you enjoyed your time there?
What's the typical cohort size of 'MSc Global Operations and Supply Chain Management' program run by Department of management at Uni of Bristol?
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/2020/ssl/msc-global-operations-and-supply-chain-management/
can someone give a fair idea about this?
Final year here - try and choose accom in Stoke Bishop, it’s basically a village of student halls which means if you don’t find friends in your own flat, you will elsewhere. There’s nothing worse than finding a good friend On your course and then finding out they’re in an isolated hall - if you live in Stoke Bishop there’s a decent chance they’ll live there too! All my second year flatmates came from 3 different halls in Stoke Bishop and we went to different quizzes/bars/events at each hall. The best place to be if you want to meet new people/find your group. The formals are also great!
Original post by Anonymous
Final year here - try and choose accom in Stoke Bishop, it’s basically a village of student halls which means if you don’t find friends in your own flat, you will elsewhere. There’s nothing worse than finding a good friend On your course and then finding out they’re in an isolated hall - if you live in Stoke Bishop there’s a decent chance they’ll live there too! All my second year flatmates came from 3 different halls in Stoke Bishop and we went to different quizzes/bars/events at each hall. The best place to be if you want to meet new people/find your group. The formals are also great!

I'm considering Durdham hall. Do you have any advice about living in Stoke bishop?
This might seem like a stupid question but Ive applied for Biochem, Biotech and micro bio, but was thinking of changing to just Biochem (bsci) but wasn't sure if I'd be able to?
Hi, I have applied to do maths and philosophy and was wondering what is the best tech to get to do it. Will i need a windows computer or is a mac or ipad fine. Also I have a fx-CG50 graphical calculator and would it be best if I sold it (Do I need it for the course) thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending