The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HannahBerzins
In Churchill studying Law, ask me anything :smile:

Hi there

I imagine that the majority of the students studying their LLB are straight out of high school, but are there many who are taking the program as a second degree or as mature students?
And are there many international students studying law?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by kahsyanm

are there many who are taking the program as a second degree or as mature students?

Usually not many mature/2nd degree - but not everyone will be straight out of school as many will have had gap years.

Hundreds.
Thoughts of going to uni at 17? I’ve got a conditional for Bristol but I’ll be 17 when I start and I won’t be 18 until the February. Does this affect uni life much?? Or should I take a gap year ?
Original post by LD080201
Or should I take a gap year ?

YES.
Thoughts of going to uni at 17? I’ve got a conditional for Bristol but I’ll be 17 when I start and I won’t be 18 until the February. Does this affect uni life much?? Or should I take a gap year ?

imo it’s not that deep. One of my friends at uni is 17 and it’s not really that much of an issue. She uses someone’s ID whenever we wanna go out lol
Hi there

I imagine that the majority of the students studying their LLB are straight out of high school, but are there many who are taking the program as a second degree or as mature students?

Hey,
I'm applying as a second degree too. From India.
Where are you from?
Original post by HannahBerzins
In Churchill studying Law, ask me anything :smile:

As an international student what are the chances of getting a training contract as for Bristol uni?
Also, are there equal opportunities to get law work experience compared to London or would I be better of in a London uni in that regard?
Also comparing it campus wise to Leeds or Nottingham, which one would be the best?

If you're going to do one of the professional programmes (medicine/dentistry/veterinary/vet nursing) you ideally need to be 18 by the time you start. This because of patient contact. I don't know about other degree programmes.
But if they gave you an offer knowing you're 17, you should be fine. The uni has to have some additional safe-guarding things put in place for you because you're legally still a child.
The real question is...
Do the hills bother you?!
Original post by EmilySarah00
The real question is...
Do the hills bother you?!

Lool walking up park street is a struggle for sure but the hills aren't too much of an issue
Original post by returnmigrant
Hundreds.

Thanks 👍🏾
Original post by devenm96
Hey,
I'm applying as a second degree too. From India.
Where are you from?

Hi
I’m from Zimbabwe. What’s your first degree in and what have you applied for?
Hi there

Mature students studying law; there's about 12 or so. You'll all have the same personal tutor, and be in the same tutorial group for Intro to Law so you'll get to meet the other mature law students.

There's also some great mature student events, everyone is really friendly.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Lool walking up park street is a struggle for sure but the hills aren't too much of an issue

Hmm they were all pretty facing on the open day I went to! That being said it was 31 degrees...
Original post by dontcallmesammy
Mature students studying law; there's about 12 or so. You'll all have the same personal tutor, and be in the same tutorial group for Intro to Law so you'll get to meet the other mature law students.

There's also some great mature student events, everyone is really friendly.

Cool! Thanks
Original post by EmilySarah00
Hmm they were all pretty facing on the open day I went to! That being said it was 31 degrees...

You do get use to it, promise!
And some the views are amazing, so its worth it.
Hi
I’m from Zimbabwe. What’s your first degree in and what have you applied for?

My first degree is in Business; applying for law (LLB).
What about you?
As an international student what are the chances of getting a training contract as for Bristol uni?
Also, are there equal opportunities to get law work experience compared to London or would I be better of in a London uni in that regard?
Also comparing it campus wise to Leeds or Nottingham, which one would be the best?

Hi Devenm,

Personally, I think that the chances of getting a training contract are very strong at Bristol, I've had involvement with Magic Circle firms at Bristol - it's all down to getting what you put into it. I'd personally rate Bristol and London unis above Leeds (and probably Nottingham), but that's just what I've drawn from where the top firms visit (take a look at their websites).

If you have any more Q's just let me know :smile:
My first degree is in Business; applying for law (LLB).
What about you?

Mines in International Relations and English Language & Literature. Where else have you applied?
The accommodation (self-catering) doesn’t look great on the website. Is it any better in person and what are some good private halls?
Also, which ones are closest to the campus gym?

Latest

Trending

Trending