The Student Room Group

Struggle to make conversation with girls!

Hi all,
I've just realised that I have 0 females in my friend group and I rarely speak to any in my spare or college time. It's pretty worrying since I really feel like I need somebody. How do I start talking to them? Can't seem to make that first step to finding somebody!
Thankies!
Reply 1
Start by asking some friends you already have to introduce you to their female friends. Oh and if they don't have any friends, start by talking to people on your course. It's an easy commonality. Remember women aren't that different. We're all human.
Reply 2
Original post by Lucia.
Start by asking some friends you already have to introduce you to their female friends. Oh and if they don't have any friends, start by talking to people on your course. It's an easy commonality. Remember women aren't that different. We're all human.

Fair point, but don't people think it's weird when you just start talking to them out of the blue? I would :P
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Fair point, but don't people think it's weird when you just start talking to them out of the blue? I would :P

Only if they're jerks...hehe no I'm kidding. Most people are decent and will respond to you if you start a conversation. For the ones that don't, they're worth forgetting about.

I have another idea. Are there any parties going on amongst your college friends? Find out about them 'cause it's a good chance to meet some girls.
Reply 4
Original post by Lucia.

Sometimes I wonder?
Reply 5
Original post by punani
Sometimes I wonder?

I know exactly what you mean!

Most people are decent though. If they aren't then they're just *******s. And no need to get hung up on *******s...since *******s be *******s haha
Original post by Anonymous

Thankies!

this might be part of your problem.
Reply 7
Seriously theres a big misconception that to talk to women you need to entertain them, you need to have the right topics to talk about. It's all bull****, you just talk to them, you can talk about whatever you like. Just because they have a vagina doesn't mean you now need to behave differently. Obviously if you love roleplaying in World of Warcraft then perhaps it's not best to bring it up straight away, but talk about general life stuff, dont overthink it and don't try so hard.

Not all women are guna be interested, but some will. It's also far easier to talk about stuff YOU'RE interested in than find something they are.

This really is a big lesson to learn, but you need to just not care, it's not just with women, I have had to network in a foreign country for jobs, most of these people speak english but rather speak dutch, I go to events, and understand some people don't want to talk to me, but you sack up and you go and speak to them, some will not be interested and some will. This is the same for women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending