The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kettlechips
interview at lincoln for engineering :biggrin: i don't know the 2nd college or the day yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey congrat, what time today did you get the message saying you have an interview?
Original post by thatsfetch
Mansfield. I have no idea to prepare either.

Here's a link to the university's website containing some information on the things you need to know about the interview process, including general advise on how to prepare:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/interviews/interviews_at_oxfo_1.html

Here are a couple videos showing what to generally expect from the interview:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/interviews/interview_videos.html

Interview sample questions for some subjects:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/interviews/sample_questions_1.html

READ and PREPARE! DO NOT FEAR! :biggrin:

Good luck to everyone out there! :smile:
Reply 382
Anyone heard from Oriel? (English and French or similar?)
just got one for Maths at Oriel :smile:
Reply 384
Congratulations!! Here's to hoping mine will come soon to put me out of my misery. Or not, who knows.
Reply 385
Original post by StellaForStar
has anyone got any English or English-and-something interviews yet at Exeter? or are they just being torturously slow with everyone? :'( getting so impatientttttt

I think English as a whole is just slow! I hear Pembroke are the only one's to have released the short-list. I'm dying of impatience here That, and losing hope slowly.
Original post by JoeWill
I think English as a whole is just slow! I hear Pembroke are the only one's to have released the short-list. I'm dying of impatience here That, and losing hope slowly.

waahhhh everyone I know has interviews but meee for other courses though but still i'm so impatient that i've lost the will to use punctuation this is so painfulllll
Reply 387
Has someone heard of anyone applying for English at St Peter's? I don't know anyone :frown:
Reply 388
Original post by StellaForStar
waahhhh everyone I know has interviews but meee for other courses though but still i'm so impatient that i've lost the will to use punctuation this is so painfulllll

I think the only solace we can find is we're not alone and all of the English applicants seem to be awaiting any information. I think because it's such an oversubscribed course all the courses have a lot of people and ELAT's to go through. I think, ultimately, all we can do is wait it out D:
Reply 389
Original post by freakynerdlol
Do they reject people by post or email?

People will only be e-mailed if they are shortlisted for interview. Those who have been 'deselected' will receive a letter in the post but no e-mail.

Edit: I don't know why I've been negged for this. 'Deselected' isn't my choice of word, it's what Oxford admissions used when I sent them an e-mail asking this very question.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by kettlechips
interview at lincoln for engineering :biggrin: i don't know the 2nd college or the day yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! How much do you think you scored in PAT?
Original post by JoeWill
I think the only solace we can find is we're not alone and all of the English applicants seem to be awaiting any information. I think because it's such an oversubscribed course all the courses have a lot of people and ELAT's to go through. I think, ultimately, all we can do is wait it out D:

a cruel but undeniable truth :'(
Reply 392
I'd expect the news to arrive within the next fortnight though; I have a friend who applied to read law at Baliol who received her e-mail this week so I can only anticipate ours to be around the corner!

All the best!
Reply 393
I've got a second email about disability requirements--this time for Jesus--and if two colleges have sent me emails about possibly accommodating me and then don't invite me for interview then I am going to be gutted. The lady at Jesus College is so nice!

I'm getting so excited, and I don't want to get so excited because then if I get rejected I'm going to be really upset. I was laid back about Oxford until they started emailing me and being so nice about my specialness >:[

EDIT: why the neg? Christ
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 394
Original post by racheedav
I didn't get an email! :O guess that might mean im rejected :/

I honestly thought I'd replied to this!! So sorry I didn't clear it up for you, but yeah I emailed them and they emailed me back, sorry for all the confusion.... Good luck... any day now (hopefully tomorrow or I actually will cry)
Interview invitation for History at Wadham came through today :smile:
Although I don't technically belong on this thread, as you all are where I want to be in a year and a bit, I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm starting to worry my A-Level subjects are not "hard" enough for Oxford, here's my thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40339206&highlight=suitable%20a-levels

Thanks.

Edit: I got negged three times for this? I understand my post wasn't irrelevant, but do I really deserve this for simply asking for some advice?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alakyadav
Congrats! How much do you think you scored in PAT?

god knows... i literally came out thinking, i could have got anywhere from 40-60. if i got more than 60 i'd be gobsmacked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeWill

I heard today for English, I've applied to Trinity

edit: Sorry, yes I did get an interview
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone received an interview invitation of E&M from St John's or the other colleges?😥

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending