The Student Room Group

Healthy New You: Your Change For Life #3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meg95
Had a crazy week, hence no posting recently. On the positive side, another pound down. Another pound (below 131 :eek:) and I'll be the lowest I'd have been since last year, whoo! Also I made 4 goals for December. If I complete them, I shall be getting a reward for each. Not decided on all my rewards yet, but hopefully something will turn up over the month. :smile:

Good luck meeting your goals, would be be nice to get 4 extra treats for christmas!
Original post by Armani786
No matter how much of a rubbish day your having just keep calm and carry on !!!!
Wow thats an achievement 7 pounds that ausome!
:congrats:

How is your weight loss going Armani786? Feels like I haven't followed this thread in ages, so many new posters! Which is a good thing of course :smile:
Original post by conway!
Shoulder? Sounds weird but I got a microdermal in my shoulder years ago with a little sparkly jewel in it, as strange as that sounds it made dresses look fantastic. I think it would have been nicer with two microdermals though, sort of simulating a surface piercing except without the likelihood of rejection. Got quite a battle scar off it though, but that's because I got it caught in a bra strap and pulled it half-out myself (too much information, anyone??)...I've seen pierced hips, they looked amazing at first but the guy kept constantly catching them and by the time he took them out it looked horrendous.

-----
Diet in general has failed miserably today. Was attempting a fast but was woken up really early (by my landlady at my (outdoor) bedroom door holding a shovel and saying "buona mattina!", I've never woken up faster in my life) and out of general morning grumpiness I entirely forgot. Though on the upside did 45 minutes of Tiffany Rothe videos :smile:

Oooh that sounds even better actually cos I'll hopefully (..) be able to wear off the shoulder dresses by then...although the bra strap thing worries me cos I'm really bad with mine already...but yeah I've heard from sis that there are many horror stories about regarding hip microdermals. Gutted :frown: And to think that I was so worried that my first lip piercing (top) would catch on clothes and that I was considering microdermals without thinking about that..lol. I fiddle with my snakebites too much.

Diet has kinda, as you suggested, eased off the last few days, I'm feeling better, in that respect, for it I have to be honest. I'm still *on* the diet but eaten more regularly/properly now. I think I've even got more of an appetite and have to stay out of the kitchen, lol! Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 583
has anyone else found that the more time they spend either with the person they are seeing or having joint meals with friends/housemates the worse they eat. I feel like to eat healthy I need to refuse to take part in things like that :frown:
Original post by boba
has anyone else found that the more time they spend either with the person they are seeing or having joint meals with friends/housemates the worse they eat. I feel like to eat healthy I need to refuse to take part in things like that :frown:

When I'm with my boyfriend or at my dad's/out with my mum, I eat awfully. Like yesterday, I had Dominos with my boyfriend. Not saying it wasn't amazing but I definitely felt guilty today :tongue:

And today went to the Christmas markets with my mum and stepdad and brother - ate a few bad things. Although my mum said I have lost weight!

I feel rude if I refuse though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
Original post by isawsparks89
Oooh that sounds even better actually cos I'll hopefully (..) be able to wear off the shoulder dresses by then...although the bra strap thing worries me cos I'm really bad with mine already...but yeah I've heard from sis that there are many horror stories about regarding hip microdermals. Gutted :frown: And to think that I was so worried that my first lip piercing (top) would catch on clothes and that I was considering microdermals without thinking about that..lol. I fiddle with my snakebites too much.

Diet has kinda, as you suggested, eased off the last few days, I'm feeling better, in that respect, for it I have to be honest. I'm still *on* the diet but eaten more regularly/properly now. I think I've even got more of an appetite and have to stay out of the kitchen, lol! Thank you so much :smile:

The bra strap was a freak accident, I wouldn't worry! The piercing was on my left, and I pulled the strap to the right and rather than put it back properly I let go and it snapped back, taking the piercing with it. So unless you're an idiot like me it actually doesn't get caught really. Absolute bastard to remove though, involves a scalpel, so not for the faint heared. That's actually me #1 "prize for when you lose lots of weight"...hip microdermals on both sides, if and only if I get to the point I can wear bikini tops without horrifying people. Surfaces are so much cheaper but they've never worked for me.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, hope it keeps going that way :biggrin:
Original post by boba

Yup went to an all you can eat with my boyfriend the other week and generally eat a lot of bad stuff/chocolate when I'm with him. He thinks he's 'getting fat' but he has an amazing metabolism compared to me and isn't fat in the slightest Damn male genetics :/

Just been out for a lovely dinner with my parents, probably had a bit too much free bread though. And cocktails beforehand, I forget how much alcohol's a killer. Went to the gym though for an hour and a bit, and ate pretty well beforehand so I guess I consider this a maintenance day. Will be doing a LOT of that over the next month!
Original post by boba

Yep, my diet always goes downhill when I'm with my boyfriend. I used to get really stressed and upset about it, but I try to worry less now - you don't have to be eating perfectly all the time to lode weight/have a decent diet, so I try not to beat myself up about one or two 'bad' days
Original post by isawsparks89
I want an owl tattoo on the small of my back. I'm considering ear but my hair generally always covers it, dunno. Just want one more but I don't know where. Not another lip one, I look like a join the dots. No more in my face now

My final weight reward was gonna be pierced hips but I heard they get a bit weird so I'm currently rethinking...I also don't know how a partner would react...

Yea, fair enough I'm not sure what I want as I change my mind all the time. I don't think you should worry too much about what a partner would think - pierced hips would hardly be grotesque....
Original post by areebmazhar
Damn was this just a relaxed day or something? If not you must have a high BMR to be losing weight!

Lol no I don't normally eat that much. I sort of intermittent fast Mon-Fri then eat whatever over the weekend. I will never say no to American pancakes with maple syrup! It's the best. Also ate take away junk later. I find an off day doesn't really affect the weight loss. I'm not binging, just not eating necessarily healthy foods. The weekends are to be enjoyed :smile: IF.on weekdays is convenient-- there's no good food on offer and it fits in with work, so I may as well save the good food until the weekend.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 590
Original post by boba

Yes, whenever a family member/ friend's birthday comes around, everything goes downhill! :tongue: Instead of trying to eat 100% on your diet, why not just make those days maintenence days? It really helps as it gives you a bit more wiggle room when choosing what to eat, plus it's more achievable and you're less likely to feel guilty after than if you tried to keep 100% on track. No harm really comes from it either, in the long term. :biggrin:
Original post by boba

Yes. Actually I get quite annoyed with my boyfriend about this, because whenever he comes to mine, I'll cook him something that he'll like (because if I cook him a healthy meal he complains all the way through it) but when I go to his either it's greasy food or nothing. Out of the four years we've been together, he's made me a meal (one of which was a sandwich) 3 times. Seriously. Because he won't cook me something that I like, even though I always do two different meals when he's at mine, which is a couple of times a week.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Yes. Actually I get quite annoyed with my boyfriend about this, because whenever he comes to mine, I'll cook him something that he'll like (because if I cook him a healthy meal he complains all the way through it) but when I go to his either it's greasy food or nothing. Out of the four years we've been together, he's made me a meal (one of which was a sandwich) 3 times. Seriously. Because he won't cook me something that I like, even though I always do two different meals when he's at mine, which is a couple of times a week.

But, was it a good sandwich?
Original post by silent ninja
Lol no I don't normally eat that much. I sort of intermittent fast Mon-Fri then eat whatever over the weekend. I will never say no to American pancakes with maple syrup! It's the best. Also ate take away junk later. I find an off day doesn't really affect the weight loss. I'm not binging, just not eating necessarily healthy foods. The weekends are to be enjoyed :smile: IF.on weekdays is convenient-- there's no good food on offer and it fits in with work, so I may as well save the good food until the weekend.

Haha makes sense :smile: Do you make the pancakes yourself or buy them?
Original post by ByronicHero
But, was it a good sandwich?

Don't remember to be honest, it was two years ago! And, as I remember it, I had to beg him to make it because I had a load of uni work to do and it was either he did it or I didn't eat! :frown: That was the last time he cooked anything for me.. not even a slice of toast.
Don't remember to be honest, it was two years ago! And, as I remember it, I had to beg him to make it because I had a load of uni work to do and it was either he did it or I didn't eat! :frown: That was the last time he cooked anything for me.. not even a slice of toast.

Sounds like you have been well and truly swept off your feet :tongue:
Sounds like you have been well and truly swept off your feet :tongue:

Lol we were very happy once.. honest!!
Lol we were very happy once.. honest!!

Not my place to judge, it just seems like maybe you settled....
Original post by areebmazhar
How is your weight loss going Armani786? Feels like I haven't followed this thread in ages, so many new posters! Which is a good thing of course :smile:

Yeah it going great i've lost the amount that i want to lose nearly there. Only aprox 2 and a half stones to go!
Anyway hi how are haven't spoken to you in ages. are you still doing your studies if yes how are they going:bigsmile:
How about you hows your weight loss going?
(edited 11 years ago)
Not my place to judge, it just seems like maybe you settled....

I wouldn't say I settled at the time.. I was a completely different person back then, and he was everything I wanted, I felt very lucky. But.. I'm not that person anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest