The Student Room Group

Girls, be honest, are you jealous of girls you know that are prettier than you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by politics_student
No. I am fine with how I look.

If I am likely to feel envious over anything, it's just their natural confidence, intelligence, possibly their sense of style, etc.

I second this.
Life's taught me in all my youthful desperation to be loved that it's definitely these things that count most towards the male attention and admiration from people in general. These are the things people love other people for. Noone loves a pretty face no matter what the boys urges tell them, once they've done the deed the lust is gone and there's no love left until they want some more sexy.

So not anymore no. Younger self did though.
Sure, I end up being jealous of most girls because I'm not good looking at all. But I don't hate them.

I guess girls who get some degree of male attention don't get as jealous, because it's not looks that they're jealous of at the root of it, it's the attention.
I think the term you would use would be "envy" . I, personally, don't hate girls who are prettier than me. I'm average, to sum it up, and there are plenty of beautiful girls you see in ouruni ncourse (which is female-dominated). I'd love to look like some of these girls, but I am not bitter or resentful about anything, I just see it as the way it is. In fact, a lot of girls don't realise how pretty they are, and are often very unconfident about the way they look. Being resentful or jealous of them is going to send across bad vibes, and in some cases, make them feel uncomfortable about themselves.

What's the point in being jealous? Hating others for what they have is not going to make you look any better, it's only going to make you an "un"-pretty person.
I asked a similar question in a thread a couple of days ago, I'm getting the impression that women are jealous of those more attractive than them
Well with everyone being prettier than me, i just think "wow your so beautiful!" but there are some girls who i think are sexy but not pretty like if you look at their body im sure its hot or whatever, but then you look at their face and its like o.O

If I am likely to feel envious over anything, it's just their natural confidence, intelligence, possibly their sense of style, etc.

This.

I get really jealous of intelligent people.
Oh and I'm not jealous of prettier girls, because I'm happy with my looks.

I admire pretty girls in 'wow, how pretty' way.

I am slightly envious of girls who've managed to find attractive boyfriends though, and not all these girls are exceedingly attractive in the looks department, some are just average.

But way hey, looks are subjective. Also, you only have to watch shows like take me out, to know that looks aren't everything, because a number of those plastic girls are aesthetically pleasing, but some are dumb and others have horrible personalities.

You also have to be in the position of an a attractive girl, with the personality of a ****, to know that looks don't mean everything.

Personality and character are what make a person, not looks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by BambieWambie
This.

I get really jealous of intelligent people.

So do I
Everyones different and I'd say im not jealous and proud to be the way I am :rolleyes:
Original post by Multitalented me
I reckon you and I'm So Academic would be the perfect match :cool:

looooooooooooool

:rofl::rofl:

Imagine them two getting married

Spoiler

Original post by Futility
I don't believe this for a second! :biggrin: :tongue:

You sound soo lovely... :love: :colondollar:

She is, trust me. I don't think she'd want me to put up a picture of her to prove it, though :lol:

It's not that lovely :colondollar:
TSRians, you've made me feel all warm inside. :h: As much as stereotypes of women want to suggest otherwise, women do get along with each other and their relationships are rarely plagued with jealously making it impossible for them to enjoy each other companies. It seems that once we get past our teenage years, we start to accept that this is who we are and there's no point hating each other for that. Good, because it's the only way to be happy. I used to constantly compare myself to others and although I had a rather inflated ego at one point, it always disappointed me that I wasn't the prettiest and the thinnest. But it's all irrelevant, isn't it? How you compare to other people means nothing and the only thing that really matters is how you feel about you.
Coming from a pretty insecure guy , I know its directed at girls but its a topic I struggle with quite a lot

I do get very envious of guys who I know women are attracted to , they can act like a jerk but still have a list of women who are attracted to them , they don't need to make as much of an effort as a average or ugly guy , people flock to make friends with them simply because they are attractive . Just to refer to an earlier post by " Insecurities " I agree with your last point , knowing that a good looking girl would never get with me does make me " jealous " in a way.

I was close friends with a person Ive known for almost 10 years , after being in college for merely a few weeks we have drifted apart , he no longer has time for me with all his popular friends and girls who flock to him everywhere he goes ( despite that he has a girlfriend on the outside )Ive noticed in my college ( maybe not in everyone ) there is a social hierarchy and typically the best looking people are at the top of the ladder.

In this scale im at bottom , and I guess that's why its so hard for us to remain good friends . All the friends I have are from a previous school , we all chill together at free periods . I don't talk to any girls outside of the classroom ; despite being a friendly person who does his best to engage . I put it down to my looks , but I guess its because I come off as a brother type more than flirtatious , yet I don't have the confidence to behave otherwise , and people wont take me serious because I'm less attractive.:frown:

Sorry for long post
Reply 53
Original post by desdemonata
She is, trust me. I don't think she'd want me to put up a picture of her to prove it, though :lol:

:ahee: Well as far as I'm concerned you are perfect, so it's quite impossible for her to be 'prettier' than you are in my eyes. :tongue:

Original post by desdemonata
It's not that lovely :colondollar:

Not that comment alone, perhaps. But the more you say, the more wonderful you seem. Cheesy but true. :biggrin::blush:
Original post by Futility
:ahee: Well as far as I'm concerned you are perfect, so it's quite impossible for her to be 'prettier' than you are in my eyes. :tongue:

Not that comment alone, perhaps. But the more you say, the more wonderful you seem. Cheesy but true. :biggrin::blush:

I'm not :tongue: and she looks a lot like me, just prettier :lol:

I have flaws, don't worry :tongue:
I'm not actually jealous. I find that being comfortable with yourself is far more important that worrying about everyone else. Heck, I even have small "girl crushes" on girls that are really pretty, but only celebs such as Jessie J, Charlie MK1, etc. I am Heterosexual though (before anyone accuses, points fingers, etc).
Yes I do,i always compare myself to other girls and measure up worse than them,but it wouldn't stop me being friends with them or having any animosity towards them.

your intelligence is turning me on right now
Reply 58
Boring thread is boring.
No, not really, which I think is quite strange considering I'm quite insecure about my looks. Or maybe I'm just desensitised, having gone to a school where nearly everyone was rich, thin, beautiful and clever, I don't think I would have been able to survive had I been the jealous type :tongue:

The only time I ever really felt jealous of people was when they used to monopolise my friends' attention and I'd feel left out but I haven't even felt that since I was about 13/14. It's a pretty pointless emotion anyway.

I get annoyed when certain girls just bitch and bitch and it's so obvious it's because they're jealous. I'm sure you can't help feeling envious but taking it out on whoever you're jealous of is just stupid. Get on with your life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending