The Student Room Group

Should I be my sisters "boyfriend" for the day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
She'd go with her best friend but he's ugly.

Peak.
Reply 81
*you turn up with your brother to the group date*

Friends-"Hi! Glad you came. Is that your new boyfriend?"

You "Yeah, We're in love!"

Friends "You two look very similar......"

*Awkward*
Reply 82
It's sweet that you agreed because you don't want her to be unhappy, and also sweet that you care about her, but like others have said, the plan is likely to falter. Either there will be a situation where you stick out because you don't kiss her/do couply things, or somebody recognises you both, or someone recognises you at a later time.. either at home or a social gathering of some sort. Then she'll be even more upset and humiliated, as would you. You'll both never be at peace over it, and she's likely to be bullied over it all too.

Even if you do do stuff like hold hands with her and you're found out to be her brother later, imagine what people will think of you as an older brother.. and also of her?

I think she should either go with your friend, because even if he's "ugly" he's an older guy and so should be enough to give her some sort of standing, or she should cancel the rendezvous altogether. I know you mean well, but like I said the plan is likely to falter. And it is understandable how she feels, but you should tell her that it's okay to be single and that she shouldn't have lied in the first place, especially because now she's dug herself into a bit of a hole. :redface: x

What do I do?

I think this is dangerous ; what if her friends find out ? That'll make her even more weird surely .
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous
OK, my sister is 15, and goes to an all girls school. She's always been a bit weird. She went back to school this september and found out all her friends have boyfriends, and she's been getting upset about not having one herself.

Anyway, last night she came into my room crying. I asked what's wrong, and she said that all her friends and their boyfriends are going out together as a group. She wanted to go too so she lied and said she had a boyfriend too. Now they're going on their "date" in 3 days, and she's panicking.

So she asked if I could pretend to be her boyfriend and go with her. I was an idiot and said yes because I don't like seeing her unhappy :frown:. I don't really want to do it though, I'll be the only 18 year old there, the rest are 14-16. Plus, what if someone we know sees us, blows my cover, and embarrases us both? I did try getting out of it. I told her to get a real boyfriend, but she said there's not enough time. Then I suggested my best friend could be her "boyfriend", but apparently he's ugly. Lastly, I suggessted our cousins, but she doesn't get on with them. Btw, if I do decide to go through with it, there definitely won't be anything sexual happening.

What do I do?

I'm the same age as your sister so I can vaguely identify with how she's feeling. But if I were you I'd remind her that lies always get unveiled and that she shouldn't feel pressured to succumb to peer pressure. What will come next, drugs? I don't think you should go to the event with her, it could get misinterpreted and then people could make fun of her and you. I mean wouldn't her friends recognize you? I'd make her agree to go with your best friend (was nearly gonna type boyfriend then whoops! :chaplin:). After all, any boyfriend is better than no boyfriend and it would be a lot less embarrassing should folks find out..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
Yeah. This is weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
OK, my sister is 15, and goes to an all girls school. She's always been a bit weird. She went back to school this september and found out all her friends have boyfriends, and she's been getting upset about not having one herself.

Anyway, last night she came into my room crying. I asked what's wrong, and she said that all her friends and their boyfriends are going out together as a group. She wanted to go too so she lied and said she had a boyfriend too. Now they're going on their "date" in 3 days, and she's panicking.

So she asked if I could pretend to be her boyfriend and go with her. I was an idiot and said yes because I don't like seeing her unhappy :frown:. I don't really want to do it though, I'll be the only 18 year old there, the rest are 14-16. Plus, what if someone we know sees us, blows my cover, and embarrases us both? I did try getting out of it. I told her to get a real boyfriend, but she said there's not enough time. Then I suggested my best friend could be her "boyfriend", but apparently he's ugly. Lastly, I suggessted our cousins, but she doesn't get on with them. Btw, if I do decide to go through with it, there definitely won't be anything sexual happening.

What do I do?

O rly?
Reply 87
I can see this one ending badly...
Reply 88
owh god you're the sweetest big brother! but please dont go, get her to tell them that her 'boyfriend' couldn't come for some crazy reason like his auntie had a baby or something?
hope it all works out ok, tell your sister not to worry about not having a boy friend at 15, she needs to talk about it and realise it's not such a big deal so something like this doesn't happen again! bless her :frown: x
Reply 89
Don't sweat it, I was in the exact same position, my sister came to me asking to pretend to be her boyfriend on a cinema date with a bunch of her friends, best decision i ever made, 3 years on we are expecting our second child together :smile:
Original post by Loiks94
Don't sweat it, I was in the exact same position, my sister came to me asking to pretend to be her boyfriend on a cinema date with a bunch of her friends, best decision i ever made, 3 years on we are expecting our second child together :smile:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This entire thread is hilarious.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Whilst you did have good intentions, it can only go really wrong. Tell your sister she needs to tell the truth or just accept your friend...
Original post by Loiks94

LOL
Reply 93
you deserve a troll award sir
Reply 94

What do I do?

Only one thing to do really: Attend and challenge her friends to fisticuffs.
This sounds too much like something you'd watch in a sitcom :rofl:

When's the next episode out?
(edited 11 years ago)
She could tell her friends that you couldn't make it because of **reason** and when she's there phone her and pretend to be her boyfriend apologising for not being there and wishing her a happy time :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 97
OP, update!!
I wouldn't do it, for many of the reasons people have stated above. It's a really nice gesture but ultimately it can only end in disaster! There are far too many awkward situations which could arise from this event. Tell your sister to take your friend or pretend she's split up with her boyfriend, save you both the embarrassment when the truth finally comes out! :smile:
Original post by meenu89
I like the way you felt you had to explain this...

I'm so happy they did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending