The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Going to Leeds 2006?

Yeh I know this is really sad but here's a little questionaire thingy for people to fill in if they want to...

Name:
A2 subjects:
Course:
Offer Conditions:
Do you think you're going to make your offer:
What accommodation are you applying for:
Why:
What are you looking forward to most about University:
What are you looking forward to least about University:
What are you looking forward to most about your course:
What are you looking forward to least about your course:
What clubs/societies are you planning to join:
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:
Favourite tv show:
Fave film:
Fave food:
Fave drink:
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name: Heather
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Music
Course: Medicine
Offer Conditions: AAB in any order
Do you think you're going to make your offer: I sincerely hope so otherwise I'm buggered
What accommodation are you applying for: Devonshire self-catering
Why: Dev is a lovely accommodation, not too expensive, walkable distance to uni, brilliant facilities & own orchestra & music practise rooms
What are you looking forward to most about University: Meeting new people, being independent (being free from parents!)
What are you looking forward to least about University: Not having anyone cooking or doing my washing for me :frown:
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Dissecting bodies & learning clinical skills & seeing real patients
What are you looking forward to least about your course: the hard work...
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: symphony orchestra, juggling & circus skills, badminton, belly dancing (!) to name a few...
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: Alcohol - and being friendly
Favourite tv show: Green Wing, grey's anatomy, spooks, lost
Fave film: some like it hot
Fave food: crabsticks
Fave drink: heather cream (this yummy scottish liqueur which is like baileys but nicer)
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: A shisha!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Name: Katy
A2 subjects: Chemistry, psychology, graphics
Course: Cognitive science
Offer Conditions: ABB
Do you think you're going to make your offer: I hope i do, but not many people apply 4the course, so they're a little bit flexible with the grades
What accommodation are you applying for: not sure, maybe Clarence dock
Why: i really want ensuite, but cant afford to pay too much, plus im used to travelling on buses so i wont mind the journey
What are you looking forward to most about University: being independant and living somewhere more interesting than i do now!
What are you looking forward to least about University: im quite shy, so i may find it hard meeting new people
What are you looking forward to most about your course: it all sounds really good, but i rekon the philosophy modules will be really interesting
What are you looking forward to least about your course: the computer programming
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: maybe photography
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: im good at cooking, and of course, alcohol
Favourite tv show: futurama, simpsons, grand designs, the apprentice
Fave film: anchorman
Fave food: salmon
Fave drink: malibu and coke
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: i have a really cute bedspread with sheep one side a chicks the other
Reply 3
Name: Ria
A2 subjects: Biology. Geography, Sociology
Course: Medical SciencesOffer Conditions: BBB
Do you think you're going to make your offer: i really hope so!!
What accommodation are you applying for:Lyddon- went on a open day and think it is really nice
Why:see above, also rooms seemed spacious, and its not huge!! plus..its near where I'd be taught!!
What are you looking forward to most about University: meeting new friends and learning how to cope on my own
What are you looking forward to least about University: Leaving home!!!
What are you looking forward to most about your course: just learning things that I'm interested in rather than stickin with my A2 subjects
What are you looking forward to least about your course: workload
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: not really thought about that yet..
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: just chattin to anyone and being open minded
Favourite tv show: this changes all the time!!!
Fave film: Love Actually, Save The Last Dance
Fave food: chicken or garlic bread and cheese hmmmm
Fave drink: Vodka
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: Omelette maker!!!
Name:kiri
A2 subjects:art
Course:nursing( i no its random art to nursing!)
Offer Conditions:unconditional
Do you think you're going to make your offer:iv already accepted it
What accommodation are you applying for:i think lupton
Why:cheap,known for partying n in headlingley
What are you looking forward to most about University:moving away n meetin pple
What are you looking forward to least about University:being poor
What are you looking forward to most about your course:learning more bout mental health
What are you looking forward to least about your course:all the work
What clubs/societies are you planning to join:dunno havent looked in2 it
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:being nice.... and drunk
Favourite tv show:hollyoaks
Fave film:hmmm...dunno
Fave food:gooseberry moose yum
Fave drink:archers n lemoade
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:ipod with speakers..the best thing ever
Why are you all girls! Lol. *is worried*

Name: Zahra
A2 subjects: English Lit, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics
Course: English Literature and Language
Offer Conditions: AAB
Do you think you're going to make your offer: Hopefully yes as I've been predicted AAA.
What accommodation are you applying for: Devonshire self-catering
Why: Went on Accom. open day and fell in love with it! So pretty, not too claustrophobic and has those all important music practice rooms and a choir!
What are you looking forward to most about University: getting away from home and studying what I love
What are you looking forward to least about University: the cost
What are you looking forward to most about your course: absoloutely everything!
What are you looking forward to least about your course: Ok maybe I just lied lol...not too sure about the medieval lit compulsory module in semester 1
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: Islamic society, hopefully some choral society, Indie society, Rock society, Food society! lol
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: go out lots and knock on lots of doors in halls lol and generally be mad
Favourite tv show: hollyoaks!
Fave film: ooh there's loads...cruel intentions, eyes wide shut, hostel, dead poet's society, the descent...etc. etc.
Fave food: Mexican
Fave drink: hmmm right now it's diet Cherry coke
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: My guitar! Frickin rocks.
Reply 6
Name: Tom
A2 subjects: Maths, ICT, Chemsitry
Course: Computer Science
Do you think you're going to make your offer: Unsure
What accommodation are you applying for: Maybe boddington
Why: Lively
What are you looking forward to most about University: Leaving home, studying compsci
What are you looking forward to least about University: debts
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Computing, lol
What are you looking forward to least about your course: nothing
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: compsoc and rocksoc
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: get wasted
Favourite tv show: Tv sucks
Fave film: Matrix trilogy
Fave food: not bothered
Fave drink: whisky
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: A desktop gaming machine, an apple G4 powerbook, a 5 port switch and a wireless Access point
Name: Jessica (Noobab is my nickname lol)
A2 subjects: English Literature, Psychology, Media Studies, General Studies but that doesn't really count hehe
Course: English Lang & Lit (basically lit)
Offer Conditions: A,A,B not including GS
Do you think you're going to make your offer:If I really, really work hard
What accommodation are you applying for: Lupton
Why: Because it's in Headingly, other people who have been to Leeds have told me to apply there for social reasons, it's cheap and yeah that's it I think lol
What are you looking forward to most about University: Meeting new friends, not having to go to school as such any more, and generally being a student lol
What are you looking forward to least about University: leaving my boyfriend at home, worrying about being lonely.
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Just doing a subject I find really interesting and enjoy. It's like an interest you get a degree out of :-)
What are you looking forward to least about your course: Work on Chaucer possibly
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: lippy magazine, boxercise.
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: Lol well alcomohol would prob. be involved a little bit and umm just generally banging on people's doors and try not to be so shy lol :redface:
Favourite tv show:Two pints of larger and a packet of crisps
Fave film:OO i have soo many lol. Romeo & Juliet, Devil's advocate, American Beauty
Fave food: Any type of fish with salad
Fave drink: non-alcoholic: apple or pineapple flavoured 'Shape' water lol alcoholic: malibu and diet coke
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:
hmm difficult q that one..not sure yet lol
xxxxx
Reply 8
Can I just say.. this is a well good idea!! Hope everyone does it:rolleyes:

Name: Elle Korhaliller
A2 subjects:English Literature, Media Studies, Psychology
Course:New Media
Offer Conditions:BBB but now BBC with Access To Leeds
Do you think you're going to make your offer:I'm panicking about the B but I probably will
What accommodation are you applying for:Leodis
Why:Ensuite, close to uni and many of my friends are applying there!!
What are you looking forward to most about University:Meeting new people, partying it up in Leeds.... THE SHOPPING:eek:
What are you looking forward to least about University:Leaving my boyfriend and trying a Long Distance Relationship :frown:
What are you looking forward to most about your course:Learning flash
What are you looking forward to least about your course:Theoretical SHIATT
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: I don't know what is on offer but maybe something like dance and drama
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:Just being myself!! I'm really bubbly/easy to get on with
Favourite tv show:THE OC :suith: :suith: and America's Next Top Model
Fave film: Oh gosh.. The Notebook, Shawshank Redemption, Moulin Rouge
Fave food: FAHIJTAS!!
Fave drink: Alcoholic= Archers & Lemonade. Not= OJ
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:ME DUH!! and A pink mini fridge!
Reply 9
Name: Sarah
A2 subjects: music, classical civilisations, business studies
Course: nursing....totally unrelated to A2 subjects!
Offer Conditions: CCC
Do you think you're going to make your offer: Blimey I hope so! I think I'll die if I don't get at least BBB to be honest!
What accommodation are you applying for: Devonshire self-catered
Why: Its looks nice and has srong musical tradition
What are you looking forward to most about University: Starting somewhere new, becoming much more independent
What are you looking forward to least about University: Slightly worried about how I'll get on with the clubbing/drinking etc thing, I'm not one for huge nights out every single week :s-smilie:
What are you looking forward to most about your course: knowing that what I'll be doing is really going to help people - even as a student
What are you looking forward to least about your course: the time I know its going to take up
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: anything musical - orchestra/small ensembles - and badminton plus some other random things I find and have time for
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: bubbliness and food!
Favourite tv show: Friends, simpsons, ER, No Angels
Fave film: tough one....I like comedy chick flick type stuff
Fave food: chocolate and anything Italian really
Fave drink: Well not a big drinker so I quite like my um....apple juice....seriously, I think I'm addicted to the stuff....
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: Well I was going to say me, but mentioning no names (^^^) someone else took that one so I guess I'll have to say my two big purple and pink fluffly pillow, they're actually amazing
Reply 10
Name:
A2 subjects:Psychology. Business, Law
Course:Management
Offer Conditions:AAB
Do you think you're going to make your offer:I hope so!!! Fingers crossed!
What accommodation are you applying for:Leodis i think??
Why:Coz some of my friends are going there ( Elle- love u, u sexy beast) and also coz its close to uni and en-suite. Everyone going to leodis better be ready to party n drink!
What are you looking forward to most about University:tongue:artying, drinking, partying. Flirting ( although Elle will flirt **** loadz more- hehe)- altho we av bf's a lottle innocent flirtimg is no harm! Shopping, having no nagging mum n genuially chlling. Also being closer to my gorgeous bf- hes at shef so not too far!
What are you looking forward to least about University:All the work load, but hopefully there will not be too much it the first year.
What are you looking forward to most about your course:Probs the marketing sides of things and practical side.
What are you looking forward to least about your course:maths and **** loadz of coursework!!!! no!!!!!!!! ( Hope people arnt offended with the swearword there- lol)
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: Probs something like dancing, or cheerleading.
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:Beinging open and friendly in general- and of course livung it up with the drink and partying- be rude not too.
Favourite tv show:Pop idol, so u think you can dance, hollyoaks, americas next top model and eastenders.
Fave film:hmmm got to be peral harbour- always gets to me! Also like elf!
Fave food:hmmm well chocolate, love my sunday roasts, pizza and pasta! Not to good of acook tho- so looks like i will be living on beans on toast at uni and porride! Oh and alcohol! lol
Fave drink:love cocktails- like grasshopers!yum! Also rose wine is a fav and lurve amerreo and milk!! If you have not tried that- i suggest you do!
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:My princess disney book, princess bed cover and princess shaped spagetti hoops! Love princeses! hehe!

ps- hi elle- must have been as bored as you were, seen as tho had time to fill this out! lol. pps- ur such a geek!!
Reply 11
Name:Alexandra
A2 subjects: Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry
Course: Civil and Structural Engineering
Offer Conditions: BBC
Do you think you're going to make your offer: I better do
What accommodation are you applying for: Oxley
Why: Location
What are you looking forward to most about University: Moving out!
What are you looking forward to least about University: Debt
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Learning something that is new and is actually interesting
What are you looking forward to least about your course: Flat shoes!
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: horse riding and probably loadsa random one but i've not seen a list yet
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: Pub
Favourite tv show: Buffy, Charmed, Bones, OC, grand designs, Top Gear, CSI and americas next top model
Fave film: Spice World the Movie :wink: Coyote Ugly, Save the last dance and some random horror flicks
Fave food: Ben and Jerrys
Fave drink: fresh orange and beer (jus not together)
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: not sure yet, maybe my whip:eek:
Reply 12
Name:Alex
A2 subjects: Geography, English, Maths
Course: Geography
Offer Conditions: BBB
Do you think you're going to make your offer: I hope so!
What accommodation are you applying for: Lupton
Why: nice n cheap :smile:
What are you looking forward to most about University: Just being a student and having an ace time :smile:
What are you looking forward to least about University: being skint!
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Field trips, getting nice and dirty!
What are you looking forward to least about your course: Can't think of anything to be honest...
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: Possibly Football/rugby teams and then something random like the real ale club or breakdancing, ill see when im there
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: Being my normal smilly and friendly self. Alcohol n lots of sweets/chocolate is also a good idea!
Favourite tv show: Lost!
Fave film: The Matrix
Fave food: Chocolate!
Fave drink: Beer!
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: not sure yet, but my funky hat's got to come!
Reply 13
Name: Emily
A2 subjects:Geography, Chemistry, Biology (General Studies)
Course:Genetics
Offer Conditions:BBB
Do you think you're going to make your offer:Hopefully! Should just scrape a B in Chem
What accommodation are you applying for:Devonshire Catered
Why:It looked really nice on the open day, probably helped because it was nice weather! Close to the Uni too
What are you looking forward to most about University:My course.. and meeting lots of new people
What are you looking forward to least about University:Missing family and friends
What are you looking forward to most about your course:All of it
What are you looking forward to least about your course:Nothing really
What clubs/societies are you planning to join:Swing dancing looks fun!
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:
Favourite tv show:Greenwing
Fave film:Dirty Dancing
Fave food:I love cheese
Fave drink:White wine atm
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:My box of giant microbes, I think they're funky, not sure if anyone else does"
Reply 14
x_ejh_x

What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:My box of giant microbes, I think they're funky, not sure if anyone else does"

:rofl: I'm sorry, I gott rep you for that, that's got to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while....
Name: Adam
A2 subjects: Maths, Computing, Business
Course: Computer Science (Conditional Insurance)
Do you think you're going to make your offer: should bloody hope so
What accommodation are you applying for: Devonshire / James Baile / Henry Price
Why: Self catered, Close to Uni, Lively/fun?
What are you looking forward to most about University: partys, drinking, studying comp sci
What are you looking forward to least about University: not having money?
What are you looking forward to most about your course: programming? :P meeting people with same interests, *shrug*
What are you looking forward to least about your course: boring lectures
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: maybe cricket,alternative music?, we'll see..
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: talking?
Favourite tv show: top gear
Fave film: Fight Club
Fave food: pizza
Fave drink: Lager
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: mmm maybe myself
Reply 16
Name: Emma
A2 subjects:Law, Psychology, English Language
Course:Psychology
Offer Conditions:AAB
Do you think you're going to make your offer:I can only hope (and revise)
What accommodation are you applying for: Dev Hall
Why: Distance, ensuite, looks nice
What are you looking forward to most about University:Everything! The new people, the course, moving out (wahoo!) Just everything!
What are you looking forward to least about University:Leaving me friends and family :frown:
What are you looking forward to most about your course:the social psychology part
What are you looking forward to least about your course:the resarch methods/statistics part
What clubs/societies are you planning to join:not sure yet
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method:I'm quite shy so i find it a bit hard but i find that alcohol and pizza generally helps
Favourite tv show:friends, one tree hill, medium
Fave film:coach carter, four brothers, sleepers
Fave food:KFC at the moment
Fave drink:Martini and lemonade when i'm being classy otherwise cider & black
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you:dunno yet, im doing my uni shopping spree in august
Reply 17
Name: Katie
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, English Lit
Course: Dentistry (Firm)
Do you think you're going to make your offer: with a bit of luck
What accommodation are you applying for: Montague Burton
Why: Self catered, quite cheap, near to campus
What are you looking forward to most about University: exploring leeds, the new ppl, being all grown up (sort of :biggrin: ) living away from home
What are you looking forward to least about University: missing old friends and being skint
What are you looking forward to most about your course: eventually getting to treat patients
What are you looking forward to least about your course: all the hard work
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: swimming, erm not sure what else
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: going out together shopping/drinking or staying in movie nights/BBQ party
Favourite tv show: i like lots of different ones
Fave film: i like a bit of everything
Fave food: PIZZA!
Fave drink: Cider/non alcoholic - fruit smoothies
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: i'm too disorganised to plan what to take until about 2 weeks before
Reply 18
Name: Helen
A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology and R.E
Course: Psychology
Do you think you're going to make your offer: atm NOPE! revsion is needed! (a lot of revision)
What accommodation are you applying for: James Baillie
Why: Self catered, close to uni (walking distance) new(ish) building, common room, nice area!
What are you looking forward to most about University: Course (i must be mad!), Loads of new people, Partying!, Sherbert! - i.e Code name for hot guys!
What are you looking forward to least about University: missing old friends, Being a True Student i.e Being so poor and eating pasta and gravy!- oh yes!
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Learning all the new stuff
What are you looking forward to least about your course: The work!
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: Not sure. prob all the most random ones!
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: Drink! ie Alcohol - A big Plus!, banging on people's doors, my usual self- very random!, Wack a bit of music on! BBQ!
Favourite tv show: LOST! , Neighbours! , Top Gear- Richard Hammond :love:
Fave film: SPongebob Squarepants! Ice Age, Shawshank Redemption! (chick flicks of course!)
Fave food: Phish Food (Ben n Jerry's), Pizza, Mummy's cooking, Cheese on Toast,
Fave drink: GREEN FROG!
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: Wait till i've been on my shopping trip- but a fridge is being bought, Prob. all my bottles of Alcohol!
Name: Matthew Peckett
A2 subjects:Geology, Chemistry making up the third by combining two AS's
Course: Geological Science
Offer Conditions: BBC or BCC dunno which
Do you think you're going to make your offer: No
What accommodation are you applying for: Self-Catered (James Baillie)
Why: I enjoy cooking and wanna be more independant
What are you looking forward to most about University: The social life
What are you looking forward to least about University: Having to go back to visit family
What are you looking forward to most about your course: Meeting people with likewise interests (so they can help me :wink:)
What are you looking forward to least about your course: Exams
What clubs/societies are you planning to join: Might check out a rugby society, or snowboarding (something I haven't tried before which is a lot of things by the way)
What's your making-lots-of-friends-method: I don't have a method, not really got any friends
Favourite tv show: Some form of comedy I guess
Fave film: Dunno
Fave food: Mums Pizza
Fave drink: Apple Juice (if alcoholic Apple/Orange juice with vodka)
What's the funkiest thing you're taking to uni with you: Don't reckon it's funky but my personal DVD player

Latest