The Student Room Group

Foundation 2013 applicants!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh god! 10 days?? That's really fast! I know I sent it yesterday, but oh well. Good luck!! Hey does anyone know if Bournemouth (ACUB) is any good? xx
Have you finished your flickr account ? Because it's today the last day to post !
I've heard about Bornemouth I think it's a good foundation :smile: But I only apply in London
Reply 42
Yes yes I sent it all together! Thanks! (: Yeah I applied and I got in but I just wanted to know a bit more about it! Good luck with Kingston!
@salbacandco: iam a non uk applicant as well and I have an interview on 1st of March! Iam sooooo happy! But I am really nervous now!! Has anybody else an interview??
Reply 44
I also have an interview on the 1st of March, but I'm quite scared cause I heard they ask whether you attended an open day and do not like it very much if you didn't... I hope they overlook that

Posted from TSR Mobile
@gvara: yes i am really scared too! I didnt attend the open day as well! Do u know what they will ASK?? I am sooooo Nervus!!
Reply 46
I seriously have no idea but I suspect maybe questions of your ideas and research process of your work & how you arrived to your final piece.
I recently had an interview at Bournemouth, but for a BA course & they just let me explain my work first then they asked who inspires you, why do you want to take this course, where do you see yourself in 5years time etc.
I'm guessing it will something like this...

Posted from TSR Mobile
gvara: Just found this post about the interview at kingston.
Maybe its helpful for you as well :wink:

I had an interview at Kingston in 2007 for the art foundation and I got accepted. It was a group interview and there were about 8 of us, tables in a circle and we had a table each to put our portfolios on. Then they asked each individual person to show their portfolio for 2 course people and the rest of the group, I had to go first!!! it was done by alphabetical order argh! it was basically very 'this was my photography project based on the theme......what i wanted to show was....the artist that inspired this piece was....i liked the aesthetic of this piece.....i made this by....' it is just basically talking about your work - there were no trick questions just be sure of what you think and be honest. I was very nervous, my voice was shaking and i got a round of applause at the end for having gone first as i was SO nervous haha!!! they are quite strict at Kingston because they have SO few spaces on their foundation...and one girl showed a project based on costume (i think) and said she really wants to go into costume and period design and the course lady ripped into her saying that they dont do costume on the foundation and 'didnt you come to an open day? havent you read the course information?' - it was so awkward!!! if the girl had only said that she wanted to translate costume into modern fashion design or something she wouldve been ok - i felt so bad for her! but all they asked was 'you must really love fashion' and i said yes and that was it really!!!!!
Reply 48
wow based on that it actually doesn't sound that scary ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
We will See :smile: as iam a non uk applicant and i am not a native speaker i am still scared . I Hope i am not the only overseas applicant.
Reply 50
How is everyone doing with CSM and applying and hearing back? How did the portfolio reviews go? Any word? Everyone want to share their flickrs as soon as they hear what the status of their application is?!

CSM is the only school I'm applying for, I have no other backup so fingers crossed I get in when I apply :/
Reply 51
I'm overseas aswell (Spain) and I applied for Kingston and CSM too, I have an interview from Kingston on the 22nd March. If you are overseas CSM gets back to you on March 25th! Good luck everyoneeee :smile:
Reply 52
Does anyone know when CSM will get back to UK students after the portfolio reviews? Had mine last week .

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think on 25 th of March :wink:
I had my CSM portfolio review on the 1st of February and the waiting is making me feel sick, this is so crewel! Do you think they tell everyone on the 25th or do we find out before? :s-smilie:
Reply 55
I really hope it's before! Probably an email or letter on that week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They emailed me and said that they will get in touch with everybody on 25th of march. Still 18 days left!

I got an unconditional offer from Kingston yesterday :wink:

Has anybody applied to Kingston as well?
Original post by puresoul99
They emailed me and said that they will get in touch with everybody on 25th of march. Still 18 days left!

I had an email from CSM too but they told me that they will get in touch with us no later than 25th of March, so I think we will be able to have an email around the 20th (it's an email not a letter)
Congratulation for Kingston by the way :smile:
Original post by Salbacandco
I had an email from CSM too but they told me that they will get in touch with us no later than 25th of March, so I think we will be able to have an email around the 20th (it's an email not a letter)
Congratulation for Kingston by the way :smile:

Thank you :wink:
Reply 59
Original post by puresoul99

I got an unconditional offer from Kingston too :biggrin:
I'm realllly stuck between CCW Foundation and Kingston though.
Does anyone have an opinions/advice on these two courses?

Quick Reply

Latest