The Student Room Group

Any good verbal reasoning book?

Hi guys

My little brother is sitting 3 different 13+ entrance exam for some private/grammar school. One of the school has a verbal reasoning test as part of their exam, along with french, maths.

Now I have been preparing him for the french and maths tests but I am stumped on how to prepare him for the verbal reasoning test. I have looked up on net but all I could find was books for 11+ tests but not any books for the 13+ tests. I found some worksheets and activities but not anything solid such as a book or a workbook where I can teach and practice with him.

So i am just wondering if anyone knows any books that i can buy or even borrow from somewhere?

PS : he is 12 now and is sitting for the 13+ exams.
The best are the Bond verbal reasoning. The Bond company does everything: verbal, non-verbal, maths, english etc. When I was preparing for these tests everyone was using them and even the best tutors were recommending them. They helped a lot. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LeonVII
The best are the Bond verbal reasoning. The Bond company does everything: verbal, non-verbal, maths, english etc. When I was preparing for these tests everyone was using them and even the best tutors were recommending them. They helped a lot. :smile:

Yeahh i know about those ones but they don't have any for the 13+ exams. The ones that they have are only for 11+ exams :mad::mad::mad:

any other advice???

btw ur sig is awesome!! made me proper laugh for the first time today!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by arnab
Yeahh i know about those ones but they don't have any for the 13+ exams. The ones that they have are only for 11+ exams :mad::mad::mad:

any other advice???

The 11+/13+ ones are probably based on the same foundations.

Here is a practice exam, and one more for luck here.

Maybe you can go through them with him.

Hope it helps!
Reply 4
Hi

you can try WhSmith or water-stones .Even my little brother is sitting a exam and he is working on verbal reasoning ad non verbal reasoning.i bought for him 13+ verbal reasoning books from water-stone in uxbridge shopping mall.if u enter there is in front of u water-stone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending