The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Advisor Scheme 2022-2023

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd start a thread on this.

I contacted HMT 2 weeks asking if this was going ahead with the fast stream being paused and I received a response saying it should go live end of September/early October.

I'm assuming it may be even more competitive this year as people wanted the fast stream may apply or do you think they might wait until next year?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is the application button working for you?
Reply 2
Hello, ive submitted my application. Good luck everyone 👍👍
Just heard about round 2. Anyone else?
Reply 4
Me too - haven’t received the follow up email yet though
Anybody know the deadline for completing the second test? Thanks!
Reply 6
Did you guys recieve an email saying that "We are delighted to let you know that you performed really well in this test and you have made it through to the next stage of the application process the online Verbal Reasoning Test."
Original post by Whfmc
Me too - haven’t received the follow up email yet though

Same here.
do they ever tell us what we got specifically for the sjt?
Original post by Vak123
Did you guys recieve an email saying that "We are delighted to let you know that you performed really well in this test and you have made it through to the next stage of the application process the online Verbal Reasoning Test."
I haven't got the follow up email either, even though I got the email saying i have got through to the verbal reasoning...
From my experience applying for grad schemes or jobs within the civil service, everything is pretty slow. Im sure we will all receive our emails sooner or later.
Original post by birdsdontsing
VRT was not too bad. I tried my best but I don't want to get my hopes up since vrt/sjt scores are sometimes based on luck.

Edit: Does anybody have information on whether they use banked scores from other CS Graduate schemes?

I applied to the HMRC TSP this year and so have a banked verbal in the civil service jobs portal, but since this is done through a different system (and I've been sent the link to complete it like everybody else) I would presume not?
Does anyone know how many questions are on the verbal reasoning test/how long it takes thereabouts? I have covid ATM and am feeling awful and really not up to taking it - but don't want to leave it too late either.
I did the test yesterday and it's between 15 and 45 minutes on average. The test measures performance as you go so will get harder/easier depending on the answers you give which accounts for the fluctuation in average time. That being said - the test isn't timed so you can take as long as you need. It also saves your answers, so if you start and find you need a break to can just close the test and come back to it after a break.It explains this at the beginning too, clicking the link on the email doesn't commit you to taking the test there and then. Hope you get better soon and good luck.
Original post by snail71099
Does anyone know how many questions are on the verbal reasoning test/how long it takes thereabouts? I have covid ATM and am feeling awful and really not up to taking it - but don't want to leave it too late either.

I did it today and it took me 15 minutes. It was around 10 questions but apparently that can vary based on how well you're doing?
Does anyone know if you can go back and change the answers to your questions before submitting?
I understand that you can take a break then continue- but I’m not clear if yiu can go back and change your answers after having done that?
Once you've submitted an answer you can't change it... there was at least once question I had a flash of insight on as soon as I hit the button lol gutted.
Has anyone who has submitted the test been told when they will hear back and what happens next?
The email said that we will get our results once the deadline has passed.
Original post by Hopeful999
Has anyone who has submitted the test been told when they will hear back and what happens next?
are we expecting results now that deadline has gone in a sort of automated thing? or a waiting period whilst they manually sort through them?

Quick Reply

Latest