The Student Room Group

Brighton College Entrance exam for 16+

Hi! I know this might be a bit late, but my entrance exams are within a week's time, next Saturday on the 9th of November 2019. I'm just really nervous, ngl, because I have no information on the level of difficulties of these tests, especially being an international student here in UK, just the thought of having to compete against 350 all native speaker of English. Does anyone have any information about the interview? I mean I've heard that they want to look at your perspectives and what you consider is valuable. For example, if you were given a million pounds right now, what would you spend it on. I also heard that they want to see the deepness of your intelligence? Idk, sorry for faffing way too long, but, is anyone in my situation or anyone know any more about the entrance exams? Thank you!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bokcho1
Hi! I know this might be a bit late, but my entrance exams are within a week's time, next Saturday on the 9th of November 2019. I'm just really nervous, ngl, because I have no information on the level of difficulties of these tests, especially being an international student here in UK, just the thought of having to compete against 350 all native speaker of English. Does anyone have any information about the interview? I mean I've heard that they want to look at your perspectives and what you consider is valuable. For example, if you were given a million pounds right now, what would you spend it on. I also heard that they want to see the deepness of your intelligence? Idk, sorry for faffing way too long, but, is anyone in my situation or anyone know any more about the entrance exams? Thank you!:smile:

Hi there

I took the 16+ tests and I attend the college now. I am very fortunate to have gotten a full scholarship to the sixth form!

I have some advice for the tests and the interviews as I went through these myself. I would recommend making sure you know the content of gcse maths very well and also to make sure that you are on top of your school work in the interviews that follow. Dm me for more details!

Good luck!
Hi! I’m also attending the assessment exams and I was wondering what kind of things come up?
Reply 3
Original post by Ameliazara
Hi! I’m also attending the assessment exams and I was wondering what kind of things come up?

There is a maths and English paper so ensure that you are familiar with the gcse style type of writing for the english essays. Make sure that you are happy with algebra in gcse maths.

Additionally, make sure that you are keeping a good eye on time and are happy to speed through all the tests as the verbal reasoning paper is very time-pressured.

Read every question very carefull and good luck!
Okay thank you sooo much !!
Reply 5
did you finish the verbal reasoning paper? i'm actually in the school alr had to take it for academic scholarship in sixth form
Reply 6
Original post by Ameliazara

did you finish the verbal reasoning paper?
hi Apad, I am planning on applying for Brighton college but I have realised that it is past the deadline. Was wondering whether or not the school does a late application scheme, whereby I may have to pay extra fees to compensate, but I still get to sit an exam? Hugo
Reply 8
Original post by HFonseca14
hi Apad, I am planning on applying for Brighton college but I have realised that it is past the deadline. Was wondering whether or not the school does a late application scheme, whereby I may have to pay extra fees to compensate, but I still get to sit an exam? Hugo

Just happened to scroll past this thread, usually only see stuff when there's an @.

Good news! There seems to be a separate application window in February time normally. Send them an email and I'm sure they'll direct you to the later application window. Best of luck!
Original post by Apad121
Just happened to scroll past this thread, usually only see stuff when there's an @.

Good news! There seems to be a separate application window in February time normally. Send them an email and I'm sure they'll direct you to the later application window. Best of luck!

Ohhh. So i shld @ next time for someone. Only just joined TSR. Thank you for the help though. Ill drop Mr Morrish an email. Is he a safe teacher or can he be a pain? @Apad121
Original post by HFonseca14
Ohhh. So i shld @ next time for someone. Only just joined TSR. Thank you for the help though. Ill drop Mr Morrish an email. Is he a safe teacher or can he be a pain? @Apad121

no worries haha. He sounds like the right person to ask, he's actually relatively new to the admissions role so it's hard to say but from what I've heard, he sounds like someone that would be good to email.
Reply 11
Original post by Apad121
Hi there

I took the 16+ tests and I attend the college now. I am very fortunate to have gotten a full scholarship to the sixth form!

I have some advice for the tests and the interviews as I went through these myself. I would recommend making sure you know the content of gcse maths very well and also to make sure that you are on top of your school work in the interviews that follow. Dm me for more details!

Good luck!

Hey! Thanks so much for that it’s so helpful. I was wondering what the general paper is like and if there is any way to revise for it? CURRENTLY STRESSING!
@Astuddd same!! I’m also doing the entrance exam early November I’m currently v stressed out too:frown:
Reply 13
Hello @Apad121 what sort of things do i need to revise for the verbal reasoning test from Brighton College? Are there any example test available anywhere?Thank you
I am asking this question as well!
Original post by hhcy2006
@Astuddd same!! I’m also doing the entrance exam early November I’m currently v stressed out too:frown:

Omgg same, I'm sitting a scholarship assessment on the 6th and I'm terrified, I'm from the UK but not that local so I have absolutely no idea at all other than what my teachers have told me about the college
Reply 16
Original post by Apad121
Hi there

Good luck!

Hi. Hope you can help me as well. I will be taking the exam next year for admission in year 9. Would you happen to know what sort of test do they do. Like is it like Sat's.
Reply 17
Original post by Lailano
Hi. Hope you can help me as well. I will be taking the exam next year for admission in year 9. Would you happen to know what sort of test do they do. Like is it like Sat's.

are you doing your entrance exam on the 4th? and what have u been doing to prepare. Just curious to find out how other people have been preparing
Reply 18
I will be doing it next year and I I doing 13+ not 16+
Original post by hhcy2006

good luck! i'm doing it today as well :0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending