The Student Room Group

Shy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I know right, totally blew it off *Hide face*. I was rather quick probs cos I was nervous.. I think he had a slight smile:confused: I don't really know cos it all happened so fast!!:mad:

Hmmm I have weird smile lol and I am scared it might scare him away lol but next time I see him looking at me, i sure will smile who cares after cos I know I have done my bit:smile:

Don't fret over it, you'll have another opportunity to give it a go. :smile:

That's the spirit! A friendly 'hi' and smile will almost certainly suffice. I'm sure you don't have a weird smile. :laugh:

Keep us updated!
Reply 41
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
Don't fret over it, you'll have another opportunity to give it a go. :smile:

That's the spirit! A friendly 'hi' and smile will almost certainly suffice. I'm sure you don't have a weird smile. :laugh:

Keep us updated!

aww you are sweet!
Well well I did smile today:smile: but I probably got shy so quickly turned away :confused:! LOL smile and turned away now I don't know whether he smiled at me or not. I didn't catch him looking at me today cos I was more into my workout but one time when I was talking to this guy I saw he was looking (I have observed he has a tendency to look around at everyone)

I don't know now... I guess I'll leave it to fate! If things are meant to happen, they sure will!
I don't know now... I guess I'll leave it to fate! If things are meant to happen, they sure will!

I've decided to do this but it sure is difficult.
Reply 43
Original post by Mr Advice
I've decided to do this but it sure is difficult.

surely, at least it's not impossible:biggrin: What's your topic/dilemma?
surely, at least it's not impossible:biggrin: What's your topic/dilemma?

Similar to yours but went for much longer - all the signs were there: looking at each other, texting, helping each other and whatnot but I never had the guts to say - too shy. So I've decided to just let it be; funnily enough on her statuses she puts up messages saying the same thing (not saying the have anything to do with me).

It's pretty hard but it's the only thing I can do - after all she may not want to hear from me as it's been six months since we last saw each other and she may even have another guy.

Oh well.
aww you are sweet!
Well well I did smile today:smile: but I probably got shy so quickly turned away :confused:! LOL smile and turned away now I don't know whether he smiled at me or not. I didn't catch him looking at me today cos I was more into my workout but one time when I was talking to this guy I saw he was looking (I have observed he has a tendency to look around at everyone)

Haha thank you, I think. :redface:

Oh no, well at least you smiled at him. It would have been great to see his reaction though. From what I gather he seems to be more attentive, when he thinks you're not looking at him. Did he look away when you saw him?

Don't give up already! He needs to know you're interested. :yep:
Similar to yours but went for much longer - all the signs were there: looking at each other, texting, helping each other and whatnot but I never had the guts to say - too shy. So I've decided to just let it be; funnily enough on her statuses she puts up messages saying the same thing (not saying the have anything to do with me).

It's pretty hard but it's the only thing I can do - after all she may not want to hear from me as it's been six months since we last saw each other and she may even have another guy.

Oh well.

Why not just go for it? You do what you can, otherwise you're going to be left with those annoying 'what ifs'. Isn't it better to have tried, than to not have tried at all?
Why not just go for it? You do what you can, otherwise you're going to be left with those annoying 'what ifs'. Isn't it better to have tried, than to not have tried at all?

Yeah but when you're like me even the feeling of 'what ifs' aren't enough reason to say. Still, let's see where this laid-back (:tongue:) attitude takes me.
I and this handsome man often see each other at gym. We have made eye contacts without saying anything or smiling. He seem's very deep and once he gazed at me and so did I but that was whilst walking so eventually it was lost. He looks at me when I am on machine or so and then turns away just like I do.

Today, he came next to my treadmill when I was running but sadly that wasn;t working and so he left to go to next one. I was on eagle press machine working my legs and he comes next to my machine and gets on with he;s workout. My heart started beating fast (I like him) so I just stood up and went on the floor to stretch. I am very very very shy and I felt so stupid:mad:. He just left the gym and disappeared:eek:

After 5 mins he's back and gets on with he's workout. I am assuming he went to toilets but why would he go and that too with he's gym bag??

I wanted to stalk him and so I left right after he left and he held the door for me and removed he's headphones and I said thank you hehe. I was blushing.

I really really like him and I think he finds me attractive too But I am just very shy. He seems very cool clam and confident.
Has anyone every been through this? How to know a guy is definitely into you and how to be more confident and show him you're interested too.

You need to talk to him! About anything say something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but when you're like me even the feeling of 'what ifs' aren't enough reason to say. Still, let's see where this laid-back (:tongue:) attitude takes me.

What reason what be enough to say?

Sometimes you just have to burst the bubble. Whatever happens, will happen. :yes:
What reason what be enough to say?

Sometimes you just have to burst the bubble. Whatever happens, will happen. :yes:

Well, it's been a good few months since we last spoke so I doubt I'm on her mind. I admit I do regret it - but it's part and parcel of who I am.

The only way I would say something if I felt there was a BIG chance she felt the same way. But that will never happen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
his
Reply 52
Well, it's been a good few months since we last spoke so I doubt I'm on her mind. I admit I do regret it - but it's part and parcel of who I am.

The only way I would say something if I felt there was a BIG chance she felt the same way. But that will never happen.

No regrets just love! Get back in contact with her and start talking to her. (Positive thinking leads to positive action)
Reply 53
I wish I could be clam like this guy, he sounds great lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
Haha thank you, I think. :redface:

Oh no, well at least you smiled at him. It would have been great to see his reaction though. From what I gather he seems to be more attentive, when he thinks you're not looking at him. Did he look away when you saw him?

Don't give up already! He needs to know you're interested. :yep:

I know and I do want to show it to him I am interested but I just don't want to keep staring at him all the time, he and other people at gym might think I am a weirdo as I am going gym for a workout and not to stare at people lol

It's so funny, cos when I see other people look at me I smile at them but why can't I smile at this cute guy?? I really don't know.:mad: I want to smile but it just won't happen and if it does I never see he's reaction.:rolleyes:

He caught me today looking at him whilst he was working out in a machine and I just looked away. :colondollar:

I am now probably reading too much but I am going to share... Before I jump on treadmill, I always use this machine to stretch my legs. I always do that and today also I was about to get on it and guess who I see use that machine? The guy I like!:colondollar: (I have never ever ever seen him use that machine ever). We have 3 machines like that and he was on the far end.. I blushed and thought I should skip stretching but hell no I went and stretched right next to him! He was there..(I was looking down so I don''t know where he was looking) and after I left quietly without saying or looking at him! :eek::frown::s-smilie:
Reply 55
Original post by Gregheis
I wish I could be clam like this guy, he sounds great lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I don't even know what he sounds like:cool:
No regrets just love! Get back in contact with her and start talking to her. (Positive thinking leads to positive action)

No point. What's meant to be, will be. Patience.
Reply 57
No point. What's meant to be, will be. Patience.

Patience is virtue:smile:
I know and I do want to show it to him I am interested but I just don't want to keep staring at him all the time, he and other people at gym might think I am a weirdo as I am going gym for a workout and not to stare at people lol

It's so funny, cos when I see other people look at me I smile at them but why can't I smile at this cute guy?? I really don't know.:mad: I want to smile but it just won't happen and if it does I never see he's reaction.:rolleyes:

He caught me today looking at him whilst he was working out in a machine and I just looked away. :colondollar:

I am now probably reading too much but I am going to share... Before I jump on treadmill, I always use this machine to stretch my legs. I always do that and today also I was about to get on it and guess who I see use that machine? The guy I like!:colondollar: (I have never ever ever seen him use that machine ever). We have 3 machines like that and he was on the far end.. I blushed and thought I should skip stretching but hell no I went and stretched right next to him! He was there..(I was looking down so I don''t know where he was looking) and after I left quietly without saying or looking at him! :eek::frown::s-smilie:

I understand, but as long as you're not ogling at him, it's all good. :smile:

Haha :laugh: Well I think you've just established exactly how much you like him. You're just going to have to come out of your comfort zone, and force yourself to interact with him. You can definitely manage a smile whilst holding eye contact, or just say a simple 'hi'. Just fake your confidence, if it's easier.

Ahh you had another opportunity! If you can manage to be within such close proximity of him, I'm sure a quick glance is most certainly possible! And I don't think you're reading too much into it! :tongue:
Reply 59
I understand, but as long as you're not ogling at him, it's all good. :smile:

Haha :laugh: Well I think you've just established exactly how much you like him. You're just going to have to come out of your comfort zone, and force yourself to interact with him. You can definitely manage a smile whilst holding eye contact, or just say a simple 'hi'. Just fake your confidence, if it's easier.

Ahh you had another opportunity! If you can manage to be within such close proximity of him, I'm sure a quick glance is most certainly possible! And I don't think you're reading too much into it! :tongue:

Right! I have accepted he is just not into me! I have seen him looking at me but then again he looks at everyone. Also he never smiles. I know I don't but he has not even given me signals as such where I know that he likes me if you know what I mean. (Guys usually make a move no?)

I left gym and he was behind me (I didn't know..) so I open door and he follows me.. I go down the stairs knowing he's behind me!:eek: As I go open the door downstairs he opens if from behind by stretching hes arms over my shoulders (I am petite and short) and then he says thanks to me(I am like have patience lol) ans that's it. I couldn't open my mouth and made no eye contact and just left while he went to toilets. I missed another opportunity but I just get this vibe he doesn't like me.
Also when I was in car park, I saw him walking (it was freezing) and I really wanted to ask if he wanted a lift but I thought he might think wtf seeing I am a stranger to him. :eek: Oh well!

Real life stories never works out likes movies do they:confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending