The Student Room Group

Black nail polish with dark skin?

Would black nail polish look weird on an Indian girl? I've always liked it when I see people wearing it, but I realise that's because of the contrast with white skin ... so yeah, black nail polish on a dark skinned person, yes or no?
Reply 1
while I have no idea what it would look like so I can't advise you there can't you just try it? borrow some off a white friend if you are unsure before you spend your money.
Reply 2

Spoiler

I found this on google
Reply 3
Original post by boba

Spoiler

I found this on google

Thanks! Hmm, how do you thik it looks?
Reply 4
nails.jpg
blackmatte.jpg

I think they're good examples
and check this link out I think it would be helpful:

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20337018_20238723_20539804,00.html
Reply 5
Original post by joker12345
Thanks! Hmm, how do you thik it looks?

I think it looks good on the longer nails like her little finger but not so much on the others so I guess it would depend on the length of your nails.

but thats just my personal opinion of course :smile:
Reply 6
Black nail polish looks good on anyone :P If emo/goth guys can wear it so can girls with dark skin :biggrin: I am wearing sparkly black right now :biggrin:
Reply 7
Depends how dark you are tbh. I'm pretty tanned and I think it looks alright on me. If you're like a dark brown colour I wouldn't wear it, personally.
Reply 8
Looks good on everyone.
I have brown skin and I usually wear darker colours on my nails, lighter colours look a bit odd with my skin
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
I have brown skin and I usually wear darker colours on my nails, lighter colours look a bit odd with my skin

I agree with this :yy:. Darker colours tend to look better on dark skin anyway than lighter colours do. I have brown skin and also like to wear black nail polish sometimes, especially the sparkly kinds :biggrin:
I'm agreeing with the above cherrycherryboomboom and iloverobswire, i personally think it looks better on dark skin tbh, not overly dark but moderately dark, on really pale skin it can look a bit weird and on really dark skin it can also look weird, should look good on most people though :smile:
Reply 12
S'aight
Reply 13
I think it suits darker skins more
I think it'd look great. If you're worrying about it being too dark perhaps add some nail art to liven it up!
It doesn't matter what your skin colour is actually as long as you feel good :smile:
Reply 16
depends on your hands blud, if you have man hands like the first one then biggg nooo
but if youre doing a bit of hand modelling well then obvs yeah bruv, init.
Original post by aymaanx
depends on your hands blud, if you have man hands like the first one then biggg nooo
but if youre doing a bit of hand modelling well then obvs yeah bruv, init.

Your comments are so flattering! :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest