The Student Room Group

Forgotten your first love?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah, she was 9 and I was 10, my next door neighbor at the time and we shared our first kiss together in my garden. We would play together everyday then she moved shortly after and I don't remember anything about her. I thought about her a few months back actually randomly, im 21 now as well, like who she had become, what she would be like etc. she was hot, and I was pretty aesthetic back then.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Quilt
I ended a 2-year relationship several months ago now, but have moved on I feel, but keep getting questioned as to whether I "regret" ending it as people think "we could have been together forever". Just wondering if it's a natural thing to feel :smile:.

I don't think anyone can avoid regrets! I often think that I would have been much better off if I had broken up with my ex much earlier - I wanted to but I didn't.

I think that if you feel that you have moved on and if you think that breaking up was the right thing to do for yourself, then you did the right thing and there's no need to question it. Your life is for yourself anyway :smile: You shouldn't be influenced by what other people say about your relationship (since they're not in it, they hardly know anything about it). I find that in relationships, you should always listen to your gut!
I do agree with the statement as you always hold a soft spot for them and maybe compare your other partners to them
But as for remembering them, it depends how long ago they were tour first, if its recent its all still fresh and hurts
Whereas if its been a while and youve accepted it and moved on then it isnt as upsetting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Quilt
Do you believe in the theory that you "never get over/forget your first love"? Have you forgotten them? Do memories with them still upset you?

I think you definitely get over them, I mean the guy you marry isn't always gonna be your first love, but you probably always remember them?
Reply 24
My first love was a bellend. I don't think I'll ever forget him, but mainly because he knocked my friends teeth out...
I wish I could forgot it.
I'm over him.

Took me about 3 years, though. :colonhash:
Just sent my first love a gift. Knew them at school for two years. I doubt I will ever stop have feelings for them, let alone forget them entirely
Original post by Quilt
Do you believe in the theory that you "never get over/forget your first love"? Have you forgotten them? Do memories with them still upset you?

I have not forgotten my first love, I have forgotten many ladies that have come after her but never her, shame really as I would actually love to forget her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending