The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA2 *RETAKERS ONLY* Revision Thread

Hey this is a revision thread for the AQA PSYA2 Exam.
Feel free to ask questions and marked by your fellow peers.

Unofficial Mark Scheme: Coming soon.

Got a B
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im resitting unit 2 in january....any guesses as to what 12 marker will come up? x
Reply 2
Was wondering the same thing... Not much on here about unit 2 I think the focus this exam is going to be more on stress last year it focused on abnormality and social influence.... What do u think?
Reply 3
Original post by wedgy
Was wondering the same thing... Not much on here about unit 2 I think the focus this exam is going to be more on stress last year it focused on abnormality and social influence.... What do u think?

I hope stress don't come up! It's the hardest to learn for. Sooo many studies! I want an abnormality essay to come up! Haha
Reply 4
Seems like this thread is very lively...
Reply 5
Original post by lydzie16
I hope stress don't come up! It's the hardest to learn for. Sooo many studies! I want an abnormality essay to come up! Haha

me toooooooo
In!
Reply 7
oh dear. I need to start revision for this exam...
Reply 8
Any predictions for the 12 marker? I reckon it will be on the psychopathology section or stress!
Reply 9
Been focusing on PSYA3 so I haven't even started revising for this exam, oh dear. Gonna cram from the next 4 days though, but I can see myself resitting the resit ahaha. I cannot even remember how this exam is structured or anything. Going to spend tonight looking at past papers and mark schemes. fun fun fun
Reply 10
Anyone got any predictions for 12 marker? Could social change come up as it hasn't been asked as an essay? Or maybe stress management?
Reply 11
Does any1 use this book for the exam?

because if so, I heard that some of the information in the book is not relevant?
Does any1 know the answer to this?
Thanks!
Reply 12
Original post by amyeldr3d
Been focusing on PSYA3 so I haven't even started revising for this exam, oh dear. Gonna cram from the next 4 days though, but I can see myself resitting the resit ahaha. I cannot even remember how this exam is structured or anything. Going to spend tonight looking at past papers and mark schemes. fun fun fun

Exactlyy the same with me!! I was so worried about the PSYA3 exam I havent even touched PSYA2. I had an exam today and got one the day after the PSYA2 exam :/. Aaaah
Reply 13
Original post by uzairpatel11
Exactlyy the same with me!! I was so worried about the PSYA3 exam I havent even touched PSYA2. I had an exam today and got one the day after the PSYA2 exam :/. Aaaah

I've just printed off loads of notes off getrevising.com, very useful so I would totally recommend doing that. I am hoping its all gonna come flooding back to me when I'm rewriting notes again. I mean, for some reason, I can remember really random terms like adrenocorticotropic hormone and sympathomedullary pathway, no I just need to remind myself what they mean hahaha. Good luck anyways!!! PSYA3 was a killer, can't afford to resit this resit when I'll probs have to resit PSYA3 anyways :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by amyeldr3d
I've just printed off loads of notes off getrevising.com, very useful so I would totally recommend doing that. I am hoping its all gonna come flooding back to me when I'm rewriting notes again. I mean, for some reason, I can remember really random terms like adrenocorticotropic hormone and sympathomedullary pathway, no I just need to remind myself what they mean hahaha. Good luck anyways!!! PSYA3 was a killer, can't afford to resit this resit when I'll probs have to resit PSYA3 anyways :frown:

spot on, I found an awesome document on there stating all the notes we need to know. Lol I think whatever we learnt has not stayed in either my short term memory or long term memory. Thats good, at least you don't have to start from scratch :smile:. Thanks, to you as well!!! :biggrin:

Aah, I know. I spent so long on the insomnia question that I didn't have enough time on the others. Aah well, I like psychology as a subject but exams wise its gotta be one of the hardest. :s-smilie:
Just thought I'd add a post as I am also re-taking! Gonna fail boo.
Reply 16
I'm retaking this exam.. got a B last time, Need an A this time
I don't think it will be too difficult, can remember a lot from last time
Reply 17
Original post by Coolkat
I'm retaking this exam.. got a B last time, Need an A this time
I don't think it will be too difficult, can remember a lot from last time

Yep same here. Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
Anyone know what the 12 marker was for june 2012 exam?
Reply 19
Original post by Coolkat
Anyone know what the 12 marker was for june 2012 exam?

Conformity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending