The Student Room Group

Still in love with first boyfriend

Hi,

So I need some advice or perspective please.
I was with my first serious boyfriend, we were friends first and then got together, we were really good together and split after a year and a half because we needed time apart to do things we needed separately. We'e both been with other people but its never lasted with my boyfriends because I still can't get my first boyfriend off my mind. The other day we met up and it felt like nothing had changed, we still get on so well and I can feel the chemistry still between us. We ended up kissing and it just confirmed i'm still in love with him. Now i'm confused because I don't know if he feels the same and I don't know how to tell him how I feel, I guess i'm scared he only kissed me for old times sake or something, though he isn't the kind of guy to take advantage.

Any perspective please?
Reply 1
I think you need to talk to him about you feel and trust him enough to be able to express your feelings. If he doesn't feel the same way, you need to know. If he does feel the same way, you need to decide if the relationship is worth a second chance. You need to consider the cause of the break up. Sometimes even though you very much love somebody, it isn't worth the drama.

Anyway, if he kissed you he's likely to feel the same way, but you know him better than I do.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I was with my first serious boyfriend, we were friends first and then got together, we were really good together and split after a year and a half because we needed time apart to do things we needed separately. We'e both been with other people but its never lasted with my boyfriends because I still can't get my first boyfriend off my mind. The other day we met up and it felt like nothing had changed, we still get on so well and I can feel the chemistry still between us. We ended up kissing and it just confirmed i'm still in love with him. Now i'm confused because I don't know if he feels the same and I don't know how to tell him how I feel, I guess i'm scared he only kissed me for old times sake or something, though he isn't the kind of guy to take advantage.

Any perspective please?

I sometimes feel the same way, although it's been over a year since I broke up with my first boyfriend (...okay, when he broke up with me) everything else I've felt for any other guy has paled into the background. I've had boyfriends since, but none with whom I was in love with quite the same fervour.
If the reason you broke up is now resolved, and he feels the same way about you, it might be worth getting back together. Then again, you could almost be romanticising it in your head, 'the one that got away' sort of. It's worth talking to him, even just to get closure, and find out what he thinks about you as a couple.
Again, speculating based on my own thoughts about my previous situation, but some may be relevant :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Any perspective please?

well... it usually always difficult to get over your first love/crush because you would always have those special memories of your first kiss e.t.c.
However i think should talk to him straight. tell him how you feel and where you guys stand in regards to the relationship. However bear in mind that he might have already moved on and just fancied a snog. You need to be prepared for both outcomes and take life as it comes. Good luck :smile:
Talk to him about this, ask him how he feels.
Reply 5
i'll...take you back, but srs talk to him then about it...pretty obvious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending