The Student Room Group

Nearly cheated on my boyfriend, what to do about guy?

Things have been a bit dead in the water with my boyfriend for a while now, I tried to break up with him about a month ago but he begged me for another chance, and nothing has really changed.

Last night I went to a pub with all my close home friends and to cut a long story short, me and one of the group got on like a house on fire and talked for ages outside about love and life and it was obvious he was interested.

We walked home together and when we came to part I kissed on on the cheek, and this is so cringey, but he went in to kiss me properly and I kind of pecked him on the lips and then slapped him on the chops and said 'that's all you're getting mate', and then walked off.

But I really wanted to kiss him and I feel like i'm cheating anyway even if I didn't kiss him because I've spend all day thinking about him. He's going back to uni far away today and isn't coming back till easter, and i'm just full of thoughts about how i should let him know i like him, if i should and thinking I cant possibly go till april without seeing him. I've never really looked at him that way before but now I can't help myself. I've looked up how much train tickets would be if I went to see him for goodness sake.

I know I need to break up with my boyfriend, it's obviously done with if I am so beguiled by someone else.

Advice please?
Reply 1
*bump*
Yeah I think you should break-up with him. Here's a story related to something I experienced. I saw this guy who I had a really intense attraction to. It was inexplicable, until later when I realised that it was because something was lacking in my relationship in terms of attraction. I made the dumb and fatal mistake of telling the bf. But we stuck together. Looking back, I should have dumped him because it was a sign of things to come and how long we'd stick together for. I think you should end it but not given him the honest reason. Simply say that you don't feel happy in the relationship and that it's not fair to string him along.
break up with your boyfriend
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Things have been a bit dead in the water with my boyfriend for a while now, I tried to break up with him about a month ago but he begged me for another chance, and nothing has really changed.

Last night I went to a pub with all my close home friends and to cut a long story short, me and one of the group got on like a house on fire and talked for ages outside about love and life and it was obvious he was interested.

We walked home together and when we came to part I kissed on on the cheek, and this is so cringey, but he went in to kiss me properly and I kind of pecked him on the lips and then slapped him on the chops and said 'that's all you're getting mate', and then walked off.

But I really wanted to kiss him and I feel like i'm cheating anyway even if I didn't kiss him because I've spend all day thinking about him. He's going back to uni far away today and isn't coming back till easter, and i'm just full of thoughts about how i should let him know i like him, if i should and thinking I cant possibly go till april without seeing him. I've never really looked at him that way before but now I can't help myself. I've looked up how much train tickets would be if I went to see him for goodness sake.

I know I need to break up with my boyfriend, it's obviously done with if I am so beguiled by someone else.

Advice please?

People who are in happy comfortable relationships don't often fantasise about being with someone else or wanting to kiss another guy.

You are clearly unhappy in your current relationship and it's not surprising that when someone new and wonderful comes along and seems interested and you seem to click well with, it's only natural that you'd feel drawn to him and want to play away.

Maybe this is a sign that you need to work out the problems in your own relationship and if the problems are past fixing then end it and move on. You deserve to have a chance of finding someone who makes you happy than being with someone who doesn't.

End it and move on or try and sort out the problems in your relationship. Being with your boyfriend and starting a new relationship at the same time is not a good moral to live your life by. The dishonesty and lies will cause so many problems later on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending