The Student Room Group

GIRLS, would you say yes to a Hot stranger if HE asks you out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm currently reading American Psycho...so no.
If anyone else has read this book maybe you'll understand :tongue:
Original post by Id and Ego seek
It doesn't matter how hot you are: if you're running towards me with one hand down your boxers and the other wielding a handless, polka dot patterned teapot with scalding hot water splashing and exuding from the sides, and shouts, 'my fairest, I've been admiring you from a far, and I come bearing gifts; would you make my estranged family proud by going out with me?', I'm going to unfortunately say no because he seems creepy :K:

Typical strawman.

No one is saying good looking guys can't be creepy, just that they're less likely to be labelled as such. Every girl will take both the manner in which the guy approached her and his physical appearence into account whether you're willing to admit it or not. Of course deny it for all I care...
If he looked like Kurt Cobain
Reply 63
Original post by Raiden10
Define "creepy". If possible.

Hmm well i dont know how to define creepy. I mean, if its obvious i dont want to talk to him or am busy and try and walk away and he follows me?
Original post by -aTOMic-
When they say "if they don't seem creepy" it means "if they aren't ugly".

Exhibit A:

Handsome guy: *finds something you've dropped and gives it to you in the street* "Wow... you look gorgeous"
Girl: Haha aww, thank you :3 *blushes"

"Uglier guy": *finds something you've dropped and gives it to you in the street* "Wow... you look gorgeous"
Girl: Haha, erm okay, thanks *moves along quickly*

Pretty much answers the whole thread.
Reply 65
Original post by Chewyy
I don't have an ideal place to meet a partner. It'll most likely be from uni or work or a friend of a friend. But not a random man approaching me on the street.

What about a guy you get to know at your local gym or some sort of club/class.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 66
No, it would be obvious to me what his aim was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jubel
Then why give your number??

I only ever get asked out once in a blue moon, so I thought I may as well just take the chance. Plus, I was hoping I might start to like him more if I got to know him a bit more. And if not, then never mind, at least I tried. That might be why some people stay single, because they don't make the most of the opportunities that appear for them.
Reply 68
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I only ever get asked out once in a blue moon, so I thought I may as well just take the chance. Plus, I was hoping I might start to like him more if I got to know him a bit more. And if not, then never mind, at least I tried. That might be why some people stay single, because they don't make the most of the opportunities that appear for them.

Why did nothing happen then?

Original post by So Instinct
Pretty much answers the whole thread.

So going up to a total stranger saying "Wow... you look gorgeous" isn't creepy behaviour whoever says it?
Original post by sugar-n-spice
So going up to a total stranger saying "Wow... you look gorgeous" isn't creepy behaviour whoever says it?

It would go over much better if he was attractive.
Much harder for someone who isn't attractive to not come across as a creep.
Original post by Ice Constricter
Typical strawman.

No one is saying good looking guys can't be creepy, just that they're less likely to be labelled as such. Every girl will take both the manner in which the guy approached her and his physical appearence into account whether you're willing to admit it or not. Of course deny it for all I care...

Shout out to the blind girls.
Reply 72
Yeah I would be flattered ,not sure i would say yes to a stranger out in the public. It would be fine if they went to your school but didn't know them I guess or meet a stranger at a friends party. as many people have said it just depends on how they approach you you can usually tell if he's a bit of a weirdo.
Original post by So Instinct
It would go over much better if he was attractive.
Much harder for someone who isn't attractive to not come across as a creep.

She would assume he fancied himself as a player and walk off to avoid being his entertainment for the evening.
Original post by sugar-n-spice
She would assume he fancied himself as a player and walk off to avoid being his entertainment for the evening.

I'm not claiming they will all react the same.
If I liked the general vibe he was giving off, as well as how he looks,then yes. I'm naturally a wary person but I think it's worth taking a chance sometimes,in order to meet someone new.
Original post by jubel
Why did nothing happen then?

Well, I did meet up with him once. He seemed nice, but seemed to want to date me whereas I didn't feel interested, so stopped seeing him after that. I'm still not sure I made the right decision tbh; was I being too hasty in my decision, what if I needed longer to feel interested in him, or we could have simply just been friends? I'm a total dating noob :p:
Well, I did meet up with him once. He seemed nice, but seemed to want to date me whereas I didn't feel interested, so stopped seeing him after that. I'm still not sure I made the right decision tbh; was I being too hasty in my decision, what if I needed longer to feel interested in him, or we could have simply just been friends? I'm a total dating noob :p:

Probably.
Think hardly anyone would develop attraction after 1 date.
I would of given it a few weeks.

Personal belief but I don't anyone develops attraction of any value until they become comfortable with the person. No use if you have your forcefield up.
I personally give everyone a chance of a few weeks before I consider any sort of decision.

No wonder you say you have bad luck with men! You don't allow yourself to have good luck :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78

You obviously knew he wanted to date you before you met up though?! Women are so confusing!

Original post by jubel
You obviously knew he wanted to date you before you met up though?! Women are so confusing!

Yeah. Like I said, I didn't find him very good looking (not bad looking either, just meh really), but I thought, why not just give him a chance. I hope it doesn't look like I led him on or anything, but I thought it'd seem bad to reject him straight away when I've only just met him for a few minutes and don't even know him yet. It's a shame I didn't grow more interest in him after the first date though, that's only why I didn't continue it.

I tend to find men very confusing tbh :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending