The Student Room Group

When should I start revising?

I have 8 as level exams in the summer(maybe 6 as I'm thinking about dropping maths if I fail my exam I do on Monday as I struggle enough with it as it is) any way I have 3 unit 1's as I missed my exams this week due to illness so have to do them in summer anyways and then I have 3 unit 2 exams the subjects are chem, biology and psychology! Advice please?:smile:
Original post by AshleySm
I have 8 as level exams in the summer(maybe 6 as I'm thinking about dropping maths if I fail my exam I do on Monday as I struggle enough with it as it is) any way I have 3 unit 1's as I missed my exams this week due to illness so have to do them in summer anyways and then I have 3 unit 2 exams the subjects are chem, biology and psychology! Advice please?:smile:

My best advice would be to work hard and start revision now. Its the only advice I have, at AS I started revising from the first week and reading ahead. I did about 25 hours a week and got 5As. Just keep going over your weak points,make sure you understand everything, try to sum up the main things in different parts of the unit and use additional resources for more practise. Maybe evens doing past papers from different exam boards now and then doing papers from your board when nearing the exam, that's what I had to do for English to get an A.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Simply put, start revising right now. I know you still have things to learn but one needs to consolidate the information and understanding they already possess, and the best method of doing so is spending a period of time each day - be it only an hour - of revising things already learned.
Reply 3
I think I'm going too seen as though I've got extra work too do from being ill, I will start on Monday revising as I have my maths test on Monday so I just want to get then out of the way!
Original post by KingMessi
Simply put, start revising right now. I know you still have things to learn but one needs to consolidate the information and understanding they already possess, and the best method of doing so is spending a period of time each day - be it only an hour - of revising things already learned.

Seen your UMS in English, pretty unreal. Is it down to just having a very natural ability for the subject? I put so much effort in AS but couldn't even get close to the 90%, but still believe I could get an A* in the subject at A2, any advice?
I'd say plan a revision timetable.

Start revising.

Not so much, just around an hour a day each subject, otherwise you'll lose interest quickly, and be less motivated to revise later on.

Intensify it as you get closer to exam time.

Good luck! Don't give up hope!

Quick Reply

Latest